Bernie Madoff - 150 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...in tha slamma!

Considering he's 71 NOW, chances are he'll get out alive?

People must be really mad about what he did - not one person sent in a statement on his behalf. Ouch!

Honestly, he deserves more. He ruined so many lives by basically robbing these people that trusted him.

I woulda stripped him of every single dime he had, any asset, EVERYTHING and locked him up in a room with everyone he wronged. Let them determine his punishment from that point on.

The street would have been a more just punishment. Let him eek out a living as a homeless person.

I'm seeing all the crying people who lost money to this complete scunge of a human being.......and I'm thinking to myself: If this money was everything and it meant so very much to you, what the heck WERE YOU THINKING!!!!

Yeah, one really must be merely reasonably greedy with extreme caution.
grin2.gif

A lot of "smart people" lost money to this swindler. Even the SEC never caught up to the guy until it was too late.

As for the max 150 year sentence, didn't really matter if it was only 50 years, he was going to die in jail anyway.

He was proof though, that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I have some sympathy for these people - and I certainly have real sympathy for the grannies who were three levels separated - but even then, you trust this schmuck of a money adviser who sticks your cash in Madeoff and Madeoff?

Well - listening to the tales of woe no one, to a soul, seems to know were their money was going.....hmm.....yes they went for the greed.

Originally Posted By: Anies
Honestly, he deserves more. He ruined so many lives by basically robbing these people that trusted him.

I woulda stripped him of every single dime he had, any asset, EVERYTHING and locked him up in a room with everyone he wronged. Let them determine his punishment from that point on.

That's how I feel. Many of my customers lost a lot of money with him, and my business is feeling it. Amazing how [censored] rolls down hill like that. I hope he does the full sentence without any chances of getting out on good behavior or an appeal. Then he can rot in [censored] for eternity.

He'll get golf course duty at some minimum security federal country club. He won't suffer the fate of a two bit thief.

Poor old Bernie, a wolf finding himself amongst a flock of sheep.

What would anyone do in the same situation ?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
He'll get golf course duty at some minimum security federal country club. He won't suffer the fate of a two bit thief.

I imagine he won't last long in prison. He will have a hit on him or he would be lucky enough to be placed in a prison. Where he ripped off the Warden's entire portfolio. Wouldn't someone in prison stab this guy with a homemade knive? ala Jeffrey Dahmer.

Last edited:
Quote:

The SEC is basically a stepping stone to bigger banking jobs so they do not like to step on any future employers toes. Bernie would have been busted though if he screwed anyone bigger than he was.

Here is a list of Madoff's vitims. There are some very prominent investment groups and individuals on that list.

Looks like there is another big Ponzi Scheme under investigation for investors with Alan Stanford.

Ponzi Schemes or triangle schemes have been around a long time. I remember the first money chain letter I ever saw. Good deal if you get in on the bottom, not so good at the top.
whistle.gif

Who knows, maybe thats how Bernie and Alan got their start.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

I imagine he won't last long in prison. He will have a hit on him or he would be lucky enough to be placed in a prison. Where he ripped off the Warden's entire portfolio. Wouldn't someone in prison stab this guy with a homemade knive? ala Jeffrey Dahmer.

Well, I would think he'd be a hero.

"Man, you really pulled it off!! How did you sucker all of those marks?? I got tagged for 40G's ..but ..you topped us all".

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

Well, I would think he'd be a hero.

"Man, you really pulled it off!! How did you sucker all of those marks?? I got tagged for 40G's ..but ..you topped us all".

I think Gary Allan is correct on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back