Beretta moves manufacturing to TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. For instance when Beretta brought out the Px4 pistol they moved their whole Beretta Cougar line to Turkey and started selling the same gun under their Stoeger brand. Quality between both was identical. If a company does it right, there would be no change between a gun made in the old factory and one made in the new factory other than the stampings on the gun.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: stchman
If I were the firearms companies, I would tell NY, NJ, MD, MA, CA, CT, and a few other states to go F themselves.

Right now firearms and ammunition companies are selling everything they make so they can dictate.
You forgot CO and IL.

Yes, thank you.

We might even throw in HI while we are at it.

Originally Posted By: 2cool
They like cheaper employees. Remember, capitalism can only work when there's someone to exploit. They will NEVER run out of people to exploit. The reason is that people aren't as mobile as money. A secondary reason is the almost genetic reluctance of southerners to comprehend the benefits of collective bargaining. Remember, the old confederacy states uniformly have right to work (for less) laws.
I like a lot about our southern neighbors. We literally and figuratively wouldn't be the same USA without them. Dragging down the standard of living for the industrial workers isn't one of them.

Amen, bro.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Tell us more about how great the union has been to all those workers whose job is now overseas.

Many non-union jobs went overseas too. Textiles moved south, then that wasn't cheap enough, so they moved overseas. With the decline of unions goes the decline of the middle class. Who is going to buy all these products if the workers can't afford to buy what they make? Then there are the environmental concerns. Look at how polluted China is. BTW happy LABOR DAY! Brought to you by those stinking unions.

If I were the firearms companies, I would tell NY, NJ, MD, MA, CA, CT, and a few other states to go F themselves.

Right now firearms and ammunition companies are selling everything they make so they can dictate.

And refuse to supply firearms and ammo to law enforcement/government in those states.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

And refuse to supply firearms and ammo to law enforcement/government in those states.

Why bite your nose off to spite your face. That's just lost sales, and not a good business model. Believe me, someone will sell to those states and pick up the slack.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12

Why bite your nose off to spite your face. That's just lost sales, and not a good business model. Believe me, someone will sell to those states and pick up the slack.

A lot of these are small businesses and the owners have a little self respect and decency. Hard to support your customers if you're sending arms to other states to aid in rounding up the same people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back