Beneficial to go from Motorcraft Green to Gold?

My coolant service is due and I want to know if there would be any benefit switching to Motorcraft Gold? I understand that the green has to be completely flushed out before going with the Gold to avoid contamination..

If I should stick with green, are there good alternatives to Motorcraft Green?

2001 Mustang GT 146k miles
Thanks everyone

G-05 / Motorcraft Gold is certainly good stuff and should work flawlessly in your '01 GT, i'd use it too if it were available here in Spain, Glysantin does sell it in Germany but it's like 150€ and only comes in 20 Liter buckets.

Why not go to Prestone or Supertech Universal from Wal-Mart when anyone does a full change?

Yes sir! I got 2 jugs of it free from a buddy who sold his Cobra and that’s what he ran

If you got it free, use it. There is nothing worth paying for that will be any better than it.

G-05 / Motorcraft Gold is certainly good stuff and should work flawlessly in your '01 GT, i'd use it too if it were available here in Spain, Glysantin does sell it in Germany but it's like 150€ and only comes in 20 Liter buckets.

ebay :sneaky:

Same question, different car:
Old Motorcraft green in a 2000 Grand Marquis (4.6l 4R70W trans)
Is going to G-05, OK ?

I plan on repeated citric acid "driving rinses" followed by distilled water rinses, new hoses and G-05.

I want to avoid the thermostat as cracked intake manifolds have been reported.

Back