Behold a Pale Horse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truck got finished yesterday....

frontish.jpg

backish.jpg

Actually, the pale horse wasn't the white one...

9l/100km on my first 500km...one of those rolling 100km was at 8.

I'm stoked.

Doing the mental inversion...
26 MPG US since I bought it 300 miles ago...best rolling 60 mile average 29.4 so far.

Stoked = chuffed = happy.

Only had one highway drive since fitting the Canopy (shell), and the instantaneous looks better for the same roads I drive daily.

Nice truck; looked at a Colorado awhile back. Which engine did you choose?

We see a few brush bars on trucks up here, but it seems that EVERY Aussie truck has a brush bar/Roo bar....is that true?

Also, looks like an LED bar on that set up. Also very nice. Love the cap. Fits quite well. Looks great.

I've wanted a truck my whole life, finally got one last summer. Within a week of getting it home to Virginia, it's hauled dirt, a new screen door, plants, furniture, and taken three of us in comfort on a nice road trip. Just how I had hoped it would be used...

What model, options, and power plant did you get?

There's only one here, the 2.8 Duramax.

147KW (196hp)
500Nm (368ftlb) in the auto, I got the Auto
440Nm (324ftlb) in the manual.

Ah, I see. The duramax is a great engine. I drove the Colorado (US version) last summer. Very impressive truck. Love the economy of the diesel.

Looking on Holden's site, the bar appears to be a factory accessory. It certainly looks great. Nice that it keeps the parking sensors.

Toyota doesn't offer anything like that here. Nor does Chevy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
We see a few brush bars on trucks up here, but it seems that EVERY Aussie truck has a brush bar/Roo bar....is that true?

Also, looks like an LED bar on that set up. Also very nice. Love the cap. Fits quite well. Looks great.

I've wanted a truck my whole life, finally got one last summer. Within a week of getting it home to Virginia, it's hauled dirt, a new screen door, plants, furniture, and taken three of us in comfort on a nice road trip. Just how I had hoped it would be used...

What model, options, and power plant did you get?

Astro14,
Lots of us have "bull bars", you recall my blue ute too?
Those of us who live outside the city prefer them, there's 40+ roos between the carpark at work and the first main road, and they are insane...It's not every Ute, but it's common.
That's a "Safari" bar, new term to me, steel bar but being OEM, the parking sensors still work as designed, and it's compatible with the airbags. The full bull bar has to accomodate the swept headlight, and looks like front mounted fairy wings, which I loathe.

Yep, LED bar.

The Cab is OEM Holden, unlike the aftermarket on my blue ute...more pricey, but everything on the truck (demo, plus I added the cab) is Holden option...like the 3 way opening personally, and factory paint.

The blue Nissan was our family truck/dual compartment station wagon since 2003...has served us really well, but legroom lacking for my children (and that's an excuse...I wanted this new truck), hauled prunings and dirt, and bikes, and luggage and dogs, and lumber, and washing machines, and towed stuff around...family car IMO.

powerplant in previous post...no ad blu in this one.
helical LSD, 6L50 gearbox

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Ah, I see. The duramax is a great engine. I drove the Colorado (US version) last summer. Very impressive truck. Love the economy of the diesel.

Looking on Holden's site, the bar appears to be a factory accessory. It certainly looks great. Nice that it keeps the parking sensors.

Toyota doesn't offer anything like that here. Nor does Chevy.

They couldn't get away with not offering it down here.
Isuzu have the D-Max..pretty much the same truck, looks different, and 2017 different engine...very similar options package.
Toyota have the new gen Hilux (similarly, with the options package)
Nissan have the new Navara (thought hard on that, given that they have a proper twin turbo, one for low, one for high speed turbo) very similar options package.
Ford Ranger
Mazda BT50
Mitsubishi Triton

Those are the main streams

Then there's the off mainstream Chinese and Indian Offerings...
eg.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/250017/foton...et-sale/photos/

See what I mean about bullbars and swept headlights ? (albeit at 65=70% of the price of the mainstreamers)

I'm with you, the full bar looks silly. But an integrated factory accessory that keeps sensors? Nothing like that up here.

There are two gas engine options in addition to the Duramax up here, but the Duramax is the only option I was considering.

Regardless, that's a great truck you've got there. Looks good, too.

I'll see if I can comment without insulting. Its a gorgeous truck. The cap gives you height for extra clearance. Very functional. Since you are a gearhead, I am sure that it is very capable regarding specifications. The fuel mileage is impressive.

Having said that, I simply don't like the direction that the styling has gone with today's trucks and SUVs.
27.gif
It looks too busy too me. I prefer the simple lines and boxy look of years gone by, as shown in the picture below. Call me an old duff. I am what I am. Gotta get offline now and place a call on my flip phone.
grin.gif

Enjoy your awesome new ride.
11.gif

vagabond_lg.28981036_std.jpg

Originally Posted By: Shannow
There's only one here, the 2.8 Duramax.

147KW (196hp)
500Nm (368ftlb) in the auto, I got the Auto
440Nm (324ftlb) in the manual.

but... but... Diesel is going the way of the dodo worldwide I thought???!?
wink.gif

Nice truck, nice mileage. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back