Before there were wind tunnels

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was when cars were a form of Art, and fuel economy was only a sugguestion!
LOL.gif

Why can't they build attractive models like this using modern construction/materials and stick a Hybrid/Synergy drive unit under the hood to make it efficient?
wink.gif

Retro1949_Cadillac_62_Sedanet.jpg

Actually I think this Caddy isn't a bad place to start for aero drag, the teardrop tail just needs a little spoiler at the end to make a clean break for the airflow.

If my mind serves me right the Shelby Cobra was designed without the aid of a wind tunnel because of lack of funds.

It went on to blow the doors of of the competition!

Some of them look really good. Before seeing them side by side, I always thought that the designs of the era were mostly good looking. Now I see that the majority were duds.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Try Parallel parking that bugger! It would need the Lexus park assist system and some backup sensors...
shocked2.gif

First car I ever drove:

copper72eldo.jpg

Eldorado. For people with an instinctive taste for elegance ...

More like ... "For people that own a gas station and an airport landing strip to park it on!"
shocked2.gif

LOL.gif

More like ... "For people that own a gas station and an airport landing strip to park it on!"
shocked2.gif

LOL.gif

That thing got like 4MPG (exaggerating here) 500cid (8.2L) engine, and FWD!!!!

That's enough to get you to the next gas station. Hope your errands were along the way or else you wouldn't make it.
LOL.gif

That's just ridiculous... What were they thinking?

You should drive a big land yacht sometime, they do have some appeal... My uncle had a 78 New Yorker.
770152.jpeg

It floated along smoothly and quietly at 30 mph or 80, didn't matter much. When gas was cheap it was a great car for cross continental drives. Now not so much!

shocked2.gif

LOL.gif

More like for the man that would wear this hat
pimp.jpg

Originally Posted By: XS650
the man that would wear this hat
pimp.jpg

Dennis Rodman or Huggy Bear? Maybe that one musketeer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back