Beer 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I ever get the chance ill try it. I really like seirra nevada ipa and we have boulevard brewing compamy that is missouri based they have a great wheat beer.

Its really neat to see micro brewery's gaining in popularity. Its a much better better product than the corporate giant beers.

Wow. Nice looking options. I don't thing we will see any of their beer in the NE.
At least I have PBR to fall back on.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: salv
Wow. Nice looking options. I don't thing we will see any of their beer in the NE.
crazy.gif

Vermont has an outstanding selection of microbrews. Long Trail is a favorite of mine. Last week I finally tried Heady Topper, it is outstanding.

Got a dozen of Tui Dark yesterday, loving it. The moderator will hate this - but I'm from New Zealand, we have a sense of humour.

dark-bg.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
Originally Posted By: salv
crazy.gif

Vermont has an outstanding selection of microbrews. Long Trail is a favorite of mine. Last week I finally tried Heady Topper, it is outstanding.

There is a place by White River Jct that has some really good brews. The loosely termed brew/beer dispenser place in Brattleborough is blaaaa! If you ever get up to northern NH WOodstock brewery is one of my favorites as is Northampton Brewery in MA (near Springfield).

Not far from me in NY by Catskills is Gilded Otter which is really good and Peekskill Brewery. I work Peekskill and am friends with the owners. Great beers.

I went to Saugerties brewery and the decor wasn't anything but the beer was good and bar food was good too. So that's worth paying a vist to as well.

Hello, EXCELLENT to get brewery locations. I'm planning my next several drives now.

When in Butler, NJ a visit to the Ramstein Brewery is a must. Great family business.
They feature a representative array of beers including a great weisse beer.
PERSONAL NOTE: A white/weisse/wheat beer verifies a brewery's legitimacy.
On tour days (email or call ahead to verify) they'll fill any container for you to take home.
I hope I didn't ruin it by telling. Kira

I hadn't found any beer I liked until recently. My friend and I were visiting NYC for the weekend, and we went to a scotch bar at 2nd & 84th in Manhattan. My friend has been trying to find a beer I like for a year and a half now, since I turned 21. He saw they had Allagash White on tap, and wanted to try a sample. He didn't like it, and out of habit I tasted it. Man, I was surprised when I actually liked it. He was surprised, since it was by accident.

Since then, I like primarily Belgian-style witbier, but some lighter hefeweizen is good too. My new "go to" at places that only have big name stuff is Blue Moon, but obviously there are a lot of craft beers that are better. Allagash White and Bells Oberon are my two favorites right now. It's so nice to finally be able to drink something at bars other than liquor.

Like these so far

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/1094/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4/59/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/149/78/

Edit: If you are ever in Manhattan, a great bar to go to is Rattle'n'hum, they have a great selection of beers on-tap as well as fantastic food and atmosphere, it's on E 33rd between Madison and 5th.

If you are in Albany, cafe217 is my go-to, I'm good friends with the bartender, and it's a much quieter, more laid back atmosphere, has a lot of beer on tap, and again good food. It's on Delaware just off Madison.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Volvohead
We have a little craft brewer a few miles away:

www.prismbeer.com

Had one of his seasonals the other day. Very good!

The owner came to a small beer festival at my local distributor several years back when he was just starting out. All three of his beers I tried were very good with Love Is Evil approaching brilliance.
It's a brown with strawberries and jalapeño. Doesn't sound good but it worked great. Unfortunately, I don't think his beer ever got distributed into this area. I've never seen it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back