Been running Maxlife for a couple years now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
..and the engine now has 148k on it and the car is 14 years old. Engine does have some minor leaks coming from the oil pan gasket and possible other areas, but I don’t think the HM oil is completely stopping it from leaking. But it’s not enough to top off between changes anyway. Any reason this engine won’t last 250-300k if I go back to regular non-HM dino?

No but if everything is going pretty good on a 14 yr old car why change what you have been doing?

Oil pan gasket is easy to change and the cost is low enough to do it on the next oil change.

If Valvoline Maxlife is doing good job in reducing the leak to no need to top off between OCI, why change ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Oil pan gasket is easy to change and the cost is low enough to do it on the next oil change.

If Valvoline Maxlife is doing good job in reducing the leak to no need to top off between OCI, why change ?

Depends on the car, I know on my Integra the oil pan gasket is weeping and it's a fairly tough job to replace, so I haven't bothered. You have to remove a large portion of the exhaust just to get to certain bolts.

I guess it's that I'm nearing a point where I finally reallize that as often as I change my oil..(every 3-4) months, it really doesn't matter what I use. And, I'm spending 4-5 more dollars on a jug of HM oil. I mean..is it really true that if I'm changine my oil on time, that the seals will stay cleaner and more pliable anyway?

I've been pretty happy with Maxlife and at wally world it's still pretty darn cheap. Why mess with it? The amount of Moly alone in that oil should make you think twice about going back to regular oil. In my old Ram it has really done wonders with consumption. At 200,000 I was burning about 1qt every 1000 miles, So I switched from Trop Artic to Maxlife. Now I use about 1qt per 3000 mile oci with another 100,000 on the truck. Personally it works great for me, I wouldn't switch myself.

I wish I could find the commercial for maxlife that showed a mustang I believe inside of a garage with flying cars going by outside, as if maxlife will keep your old carbon guzzler running for centuries...
Javier

Originally Posted By: nutsbolts
I wish I could find the commercial for maxlife that showed a mustang I believe inside of a garage with flying cars going by outside, as if maxlife will keep your old carbon guzzler running for centuries...
Javier

Remember the one that one guy rev his cobra in his garage ? that how I bought a mustang lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back