bed + mattress ?

Hi BITOGers, What is your setup for a good ZZZZZZZZZZ? Currently I have an Ikea bed with storage, some 2X6 as base/grid and a kind of soft/sinky memory foam mattress (made in US, but cheap from AMZ). My kids seems to sleep pretty well on some FIRM foam twin/full matresses... How should I determine what good for me and wife and what may be the expected period of service? any regular tweaking from time to time (topper, change a substrate, etc etc) Thanks

I need a firm mattress. Once I 'sink' in , I'm not getting up lol. To much wear and tear on my back over the days. I have a 'zinus' platform bed from Amazon was about $130 I believe. Then i have a slumber 1 SPRING mattress from walmart (same company as zinus) so no box spring or foundation as mattress goes on the platform. If you and your wife differ in what you need to sleep on (firm or soft) then it sounds like an expensive sleep number is your option.

Memory foam all the way! Temperpedic or any of the clones. Never too firm or too soft.

Last edited:
Agree with the memory foam recommendations. My wife and I just bought a firm NovaForm king from Costco and love it. Various firmness levels to choose from, excellent return policy if not satisfied, good price (ours <$1000) and made by Innocor Foam Technologies in their Chicago plant (at least that's where it shipped from).

pandus13

Originally Posted By: oily boyd
Agree with the memory foam recommendations. My wife and I just bought a firm NovaForm king from Costco and love it. Various firmness levels to choose from, excellent return policy if not satisfied, good price (ours <$1000) and made by Innocor Foam Technologies in their Chicago plant (at least that's where it shipped from).
Thank you, much appreciated. I live next to a Costco (in CHicago area)

It really depends if you sleep on your stomach back or side and personal preference. I sleep on my side so nothing less than pillow top with memory foam/gel.

I dropped 5k on a tempurpedic clone. Never looking back. Back and neck pain is gone and I sleep like a log. I feel great waking up now. Spend the money and you'll never regret it.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: oily boyd
Thank you, much appreciated. I live next to a Costco (in CHicago area)
Niles or Lincoln Park? I love me some CONFY stuff too.

pandus13

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Niles or Lincoln Park? I love me some CONFY stuff too.
Glenview border....