bed and breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

That little guy might not have the biggest rack, but he's one cool dude! The cast-iron stove is circa [censored] if I know and has to be repaired seasonally as it expands and contracts quite a bit. It burns everything and gets really hot, even glows red sometimes!

This is the view out the windows. There might have been a picture or two of the chairs, magazines, and table, but they didn't make it.

Here's where you sleep (also chairs and hammock outside). It's more comfortable than it looks. She doesn't have a name, by the way.

"The stash". One of many. The stuff on the top is walnut, it burns very well. I can hear the woodworkers on here cringing.
grin2.gif
Splitting wood is a good way to get your aggression out, but we have a hydraulic one now, so I'm grumpier than usual. I apologize.

Stash #2. You won't go hungry! All totally safe to eat.
grin2.gif
The stove is below. Nothin says lovin like somethin from the oven!

Stash #3 and #4 (left). Low on Gummi Savers.

"The Crusher"!!! Probably 3/4 of those are beer cans. Not exactly sure how long that batch has been there.

The Miller girls. I ain't afraid of no ghosts! One of many guardsmenwomen

Disposal unit.

Sound advice for visitors.

The woods are lovely, well-lighted, and well-traveled.

Look out, that little [censored]'s got teeth! Groundhog door #1

Groundhog door #2. The rocks are from the fields, they go all the way around. You walk until you find one and then put it in a bucket. It's fun. Lots of arrowheads out there too.

"
Down to the river. Watch your step.

Getting dark, better light one of these lamps...

Might want to move that wood pile further away from the stove.

Also stoves should be setting on something nonflammable that goes out at least 18 inches further than the base.

hearth.com has some good stove tuning/safety info.

In the winter-spring/fall, the wood pile is moved outside. The stove is surrounded by a moat on all four sides. The groundhogs like to nuzzle up on the underside of it when it's cold and make annoying grunting noises otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back