Beck Arnley WS trans fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see my auto parts store carrying Beck Arnley WS trans fluid for Toyotas. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it repackaged Toyota or Mobil fluid? I was thinking about getting it for my '07 Camry. Thanks in advance.

How much does Beck/Arnley want for WS?

I'm paying about $9/qt from the dealer.

Yes, per the Beck Arnley rep, it's the same formulation from the same supplier that makes the Toyota WS.

Beck/Arnley is just a reboxer anyway; they don't make their own stuff.

How much does this stuff cost at the store?

XOM makes Toyota's ATF's and oils, including WS.

If the Beck WS isn't substantially cheaper than the dealer, just get Maxlife.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Beck Arnley makes good stuff, but the Maxlife is a fine fluid too if you want to use aftermarket.
Maxlife does not meet the Toyota WS spec.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Maxlife exceeds the spec.

Says who? Lubrizol/Valvoline?

How are you certain that they have thoroughly tested the fluid? Just because they recommend it does not mean that it was tested in every vehicle/transmission/software combo that specs WS.

WS is a proprietary spec that does not have a licensing program.

Originally Posted By: Frank D

It says WS on the bottle, so it should be fine
smile.gif

Both XOM and Idemitsu make ATF for Toyota. I feel this way with fluids like Maxlife - YMMV, I've used it with good results but using OEM fluid helps me sleep better at night.

If you check the specs/viscosity for Maxlife and WS ATF, they are very close. I use WS in my Lexus LS430 but I would not hesitate to use Maxlife...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
If you check the specs/viscosity for Maxlife and WS ATF, they are very close. I use WS in my Lexus LS430 but I would not hesitate to use Maxlife...

Viscosity is important, but far from being #1 on the list when it comes to ATF.

Originally Posted By: Frank D
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Beck Arnley makes good stuff, but the Maxlife is a fine fluid too if you want to use aftermarket.
My apologies, after reading the Maxlife trans spec on the Valvoline web site, it does indeed say it meets WS. However I still prefer using the WS specific fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back