Beck/Arnley Oil Filters / Filtech For Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure some of you know how Beck/Arnley pride them selves on mkaing after market parts exactly like the Factory.. Even there Honda Coolant is blue.. Well I have had some people tell me the Oil filter for them is just like the older / better 15400 PLM A01 aka Filtech Honda Oil filter... Well after some looking and reading this is what I found.

Also look on You tube how they show you how they buy real factory parts and tear them down and make them exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Beck%2FArnley&oq=Beck%2FArnley&gs_l=youtube.3..0.8243113.8243113.0.8244077.1.1.0.0.0.0.791.791.6-1.1.0...0.0...1ac.2.11.youtube.EKRD9miIurQ

and take a look of the pic.

2mqoivm.jpg

Beck/Arnley Oil Filters Feature:

Anti-drain back valves with high heat silicone rubber and bypass valves, where applicable.
Sealing gaskets meet OE design, whether a rectangular, square, d-shape, or p-ring.
Strong steel housings with corrosion proofing.

So what do you think ???? Does it look like the Filtech?? Looks like it to me..
Has anyone here used this filter?
Im going to order 1 for the heck of it.. Its not that expensive.

In most cases,BA parts are the exact same parts as OEM,bought from OEM suppliers.Not necessarily copycats.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
In most cases,BA parts are the exact same parts as OEM,bought from OEM suppliers.Not necessarily copycats.

Ohhh,,, Thanks.. but it looks thiner like a real Honda Oil filter as most OEMs are fatter

that little emblem resembling a diamond looks like the old Dana corporation logo which a long while ago owned Wix.

Originally Posted By: EricF
that little emblem resembling a diamond looks like the old Dana corporation logo which a long while ago owned Wix.

FilTech have that.

A01b.jpg

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Meh, I would just spend a little more and get the real OEM deal.

Yea but the real OEM Honda are now Frams Tough Gaurds without the metal screens..

They are basically a Honeywell FRAM.

The Older Honda Filters bassed on the Filtech model is considered to be much better.

Bought a Beck/Arnley from Rock for my Civic a few months ago. Made in Korea (so I don't think they are Filtech), but seems very heavy and solidly built.

Seems like a quality filter and a good deal for 4 bucks and change.

Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Meh, I would just spend a little more and get the real OEM deal.

Yea but the real OEM Honda are now Frams Tough Gaurds without the metal screens..

They are basically a Honeywell FRAM.

The Older Honda Filters bassed on the Filtech model is considered to be much better.

NO....they are not Fram Tough Guards--Fram Tough Guards filter at a much higher 99% efficiency at 20 mics, and are a much more efficient filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back