Beck Arnley 041-8181 C&P 3250 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 Saab 92x (Subaru WRX clone)
168k Castrol Edge 0w40

Magnet at the bottom picked up some crud.
Nice tight pleats.
ADBV was a little stiff.
$4.68 on Amazon closeout.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Filter 1.jpg

Filter 2.jpg

Filter 3.jpg

Filter 4.jpg

Filter 5.jpg

Media seems to be standard paper construction with decent thickness. Solid filter with nice pleats. I'd use them again.

What's the COO of that filter? For a long time, Beck did rebox Union Sangyo filters or from a supplier in Malaysia or Thailand. With the Federal-Mogul takeover of Beck, things might be different.

Looks decent, but for $4.70+tax & shipping I'd use a locally-purchased Napa Gold 7055 or 1334 over this every day. For $1.68, you may have a good find. The 7055 is rated for Subarus (27psi bypass) and is a 15 micron filter; the 1334 is rated 99% at 23 microns and can be had right now at the NAPA sale for less than $4.50. 7055 is only $3.50!

No COO on the filter itself, and I no longer have the box. It does remind me of some Japanese branded OEM filters I have used in the past. It certainly could be a Union Sangyo product.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
the 1334 is rated 99% at 23 microns

Is the 1334 the proper PSI rating? I think I've used it in the past, but now I am more picky about meeting the PSI.

I'll have to go check out the local NAPA warehouse tomorrow. Sometimes they don't participate with the national sale promotions.

There are 4 local NAPAs within about a 15 minute drive to each. They thankfully stagger their sales so there is about a six-eight week span spring and fall where the filters are on sale. If your closest one isn't having the sale, check the next closest stores.

The 1334 is the correct filter for the H6; the 7055 is technically spec'd for the FB25, but will meet all the specs for an EJ engine also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back