Beck Arnley 041-0812 same as Honda A01?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've learned that Beck/Arnley might be re-boxing true OE stuff, and they also might not be. It'd be interesting to know if that B/A filter is really the original Toyo/Roki filter (or whomever makes it) or if it's a third party filter.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I've learned that Beck/Arnley might be re-boxing true OE stuff, and they also might not be. It'd be interesting to know if that B/A filter is really the original Toyo/Roki filter (or whomever makes it) or if it's a third party filter.

They used to do it all the time, from what I have bought lately not so much. These days it is their own sourced parts from China or Taiwan and quality is hit or miss.

I don't know that they are same. The pic on RockAuto shows the same style gasket and diamond stamp on the baseplate as the Honda A01. I've searched the internet high and low for pics of this filter cut open, to no avail. I may just have to order a few and cut one open to satisfy my curiosity.

I've been using the Bosch 3323 for years on several Hondas, a Yamaha FJR and now a Vulcan 1700. I did not realize the Bosch was a P1 clone until recently, and the tearing issues have me wondering if I should use something else...

I have used this filter on my 2007 Honda. Over the years I've seen this Beck Arnley part number as a rebadged Union Sangyo C-562 and also as a Nippon 15400-PLM-A01A.

I think it depends on when you buy it and who has the contract with Beck Arnley to supply it. You should be able to use it in confidence for the recommended Honda OCI.

I think maybe when a company has too much old stock in the warehouse, they call rock auto, among others, to clear it out. I have bought from them, most is OK, hard parts, but not keen on getting old oil filters from who knows where. For the low cost of oil filters I am going to be a better buyer now and try to get a fresh date code, which means I have to go to WM probably and pay the price. It may be I pay $8 for a Fram Ultra instead of $4 for a Malaysian filter of unknown background.

Description picture shows a silicone ADBV, and the picture of the one cut open looks black to me.

71+0DaMKc+L._SL256_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back