Beautiful new 2016 Mazda MX5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy one!

Definitely would not be the coupe, would have to be the convertible. I never realized how small they are until I sat in one.

I would need to have a convertible model and a pair of goggles to drive one!

Originally Posted By: earlyre
wasn't this co-designed with alfa Romeo, who would have a new Alfa Spyder as the twin of this car?(similar to the BRZ/FRS/AE86)

or did that deal fall apart?

Mazda is solely responsible for the chassis.
They have been sending chassis mules to Alfa/Fiat, who have then been making changes to the suspension, body panels, and drivetrain in order to put their say on it.

Once Alfa/Fiat have their design locked in, then they will send the parts to Japan, where the vehicles will be built by the Japanese, on the same assembly line as the Miata, and shipped right from Japan to the appropriate dealers all around the world.

Also, we should drop off the Alfa part, as it is only going to be a FIAT.

Should be interesting to see what the Fiat version looks like when it comes out in 2017.

BC.

What's not to like. Half the price and twice the reliability of a BMW and cheaper parts and maintenance procedures, too. I can't wait for the "tuners" to get at this new offering and show us what they can do.

I'd be buying one for sure if it weren't for the fact that I just paid off both of my vehicles.
It would sure be an enjoyable car....I have no doubt.
Having no car payments is enjoyable as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back