Beaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my beater/daily driver. I put on about 80 miles a day on it, had it of about 2-1/2 years. It has 192,000 miles and still runs great. It had a horrible previous owner, who did some serious damage trying to fix it, which I am still trying to work out.

-

Is it an '87? It looks almost identical to my '87 Grand Am that I went to 311,000km on before some clown hit me head-on on the highway a few months ago and turned it into a mangled piece of scrap metal. It was in prime mechanical condition and had only seen synthetics (both tranny and engine) for the last 130,000km of its life but the body was very rusty.

[ June 17, 2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: rpn453 ]

The one on the right;
 -

1990 Ford/Kia/Mazda Festiva LX 5spd with A/C Cost me $650 and runs like a top. 33/38 MPG with my agressive driving style. 226,000 miles and had a GREAT first owner.

quote:

Originally posted by VaderSS:

1990 Ford/Kia/Mazda Festiva LX 5spd with A/C Cost me $650 and runs like a top.

Nice thing about a car like that is how much more you can get away with without drawing a cops attention.

Several years ago I was driving a fun little sbox abut 80 mph down a slight freeway downgrade and was passing a bright yellow Corvette that was going about 70 mph as we both went under an overpass.

As soon as we cleared the overpass, I noticed that there was a cop sitting on the on ramp waiting for a customer. He swooped down on us like a hawk grabbing it's lunch. He stopped the Corvette and I continued buzzing down the road.

-

1982 Cadillac Cimarron I bought in 1999 for $700. 1.8 liters, 3-speed slushbox. Very nice leather seats. Wish it was a stick shift (they made 'em!!
smile.gif
shocked.gif
)

Was oozing oil out various seals, and what came out was suspiciously dark in color. Changed over to Walmart 10w40 and the leaking slowed way down!
grin.gif

A Chevy Cavalier on the outside, it had a weak old lady suspension, fingertip power steering, and got 25 to 30mpg. Full gauge package including oil pressure, and it couldn't get out of its own way.
crushedcar.gif

-

quote:

Nice thing about a car like that is how much more you can get away with without drawing a cops attention.

Ain't that the truth?! Been driving without the detector since I bought it, as the V1 is worth almost what I paid for the car and anything on the windshield is VERY noticable from outside the car, unlike the Impala. Probably put a cheap alarm on it this weekend if I don't have to go offshore. Went by a patrol unit clocking traffic and was doing about 15 over. He never gave me a second glance. Had I been in the Impala, I'd of been doing some fancy talking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back