Beater Concours shopping

I would go to Walmart with the old one, hit the lawn & garden battery section, and find one the appropriate size.

Any ideas on how to repair this damage? A sheet of aluminum trimmed, bent, then epoxied underneath and self-adhesive floor tile on top?

41to4o.jpg

Any ideas on how to repair this damage? A sheet of aluminum trimmed, bent, then epoxied underneath and self-adhesive floor tile on top?
For what its worth, a coworker has an old Connie and loves it, bought a custom seat for it and has been all over the country on it.

I would pass on the aluminum and floor tile.

Think of it this way. Your body gets ground by hundreds of pounds of force into the body panel you just repaired. What do you want that repair to be made of? Just how heavy and sturdy do you want it to be?

Those pics are too resolution for me to figure out what is going on.

If it were me, and it's a plastic or fiberglass panel you're fixing, I would stick with plastic or fiberglass, keep it the same overall thickness and strength as the current construction. Get your strength with overlap and lots of contact area on both sides of a very thin layer of high quality epoxy.

I’d like to ride a 2019 or 20 Concours I like the bike and the price is right.
Also the Yamaha Tracer, but wife rides with me a lot and sport tourers scare her, plus have to consider comfort on long rides .. sooo it’s not a possibility unless as a second bike which won’t happen

For what its worth, a coworker has an old Connie and loves it, bought a custom seat for it and has been all over the country on it.

I would pass on the aluminum and floor tile.

Think of it this way. Your body gets ground by hundreds of pounds of force into the body panel you just repaired. What do you want that repair to be made of? Just how heavy and sturdy do you want it to be?

Those pics are too resolution for me to figure out what is going on.

If it were me, and it's a plastic or fiberglass panel you're fixing, I would stick with plastic or fiberglass, keep it the same overall thickness and strength as the current construction. Get your strength with overlap and lots of contact area on both sides of a very thin layer of high quality epoxy.

He could go with making a cardboard pattern and go with what you are suggesting.

Back