Bean Based Diet

I agree. For eons, humans have eaten plants, 100g fiber per day and lots of starchy roots. That's when things were good, we starved otherwise. Meat was a delicacy and only a recent phenomenon as is drinking milk.

Look at central African countries and how they eat, mostly starchy foods and rice, very little to no meat, virtually no colon cancer or diabetes. Women will have 10 babies and live to old age if not for other factors, also no osteoporosis.

"However, there are several possible reasons: Red and processed meat contain haem iron, which makes meat red in colour. When haem is broken down in the gut it forms N-nitroso compounds. These can damage the cells lining the bowel, which can lead to cancer."

Anyway, I eat much less meat now, not for animal cruelty or environmental reasons, just anti-cancer reasons. So yeah, bean based diet will keep you going. Also the Irish ate nothing but potatoes for generations, look how they turned out......:ROFLMAO:
Yea and look at the life span, and nutrient related diseases like beri beri. Its the portion size and lack of excercise, and high sugar diets that cause most of the food related health issues in the western world. We eat too much and have a sedentary lifestyle.

Yea and look at the life span, and nutrient related diseases like beri beri. Its the portion size and lack of excercise, and high sugar diets that cause most of the food related health issues in the western world. We eat too much and have a sedentary lifestyle.
Yeah, those societies have a lot of other problems such as being located inside war zones and experiencing famines but I was just making the point that they get by pretty healthy being plant based. Oh man, I agree, sugar and lack of exercise. Basically can't eat anything "tasty" :cry:

There is when you aren't getting enough nutrients from "vegetables or legumes".

I eat 7 oysters a week for zinc, sardines or salmon 1x to 2x a week for Omega 3s, eggs often for choline and protein, and grass fed beef liver 1x a week for copper. I see no need for muscle meats such as poultry, beef, lamb, pork, etc.

Actually, beans absorb gas, not cause it, at least after your GI tract gets used to them in several days to a week or so.
What really caused gas for me, was being on the Plant Paradox low lectin diet. I got on it mid Nov 2021 until about mid March 2022. It caused me to have severe gas from onions, mushrooms, and cruciferous vegetables. I was like a gas making machine, and I mean smelly gas! I had to run my ceiling fans, I was afraid I'd blow up the house. Almost as soon as I added beans, the gas lessened and so did the odor, and my bowels improved a lot. IMHO you need many foods to feed your gut biome and keep it balanced.

I eat 7 oysters a week for zinc, sardines or salmon 1x to 2x a week for Omega 3s, eggs often for choline and protein, and grass fed beef liver 1x a week for copper. I see no need for muscle meats such as poultry, beef, lamb, pork, etc.
So you are eating animal products...you aren't actually a vegetarian/vegan.
Your diet is similar to many others in this thread/world.

Last edited:
Actually, beans absorb gas, not cause it, at least after your GI tract gets used to them in several days to a week or so.
What really caused gas for me, was being on the Plant Paradox low lectin diet. I got on it mid Nov 2021 until about mid March 2022. It caused me to have severe gas from onions, mushrooms, and cruciferous vegetables. I was like a gas making machine, and I mean smelly gas! I had to run my ceiling fans, I was afraid I'd blow up the house. Almost as soon as I added beans, the gas lessened and so did the odor, and my bowels improved a lot. IMHO you need many foods to feed your gut biome and keep it balanced.
I’ll send you some of these 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 2
May I present to you a business proposition?

Back