Bavarian Oil prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
100_0104.jpg

100_0103.jpg

yikes!

I wonder what Castrol Actevo and that little bottle to the right of it is. 2-stroke oil?

Jet brand, huh?

This was at a gas station off the autobahn so.... but still it really jumped out at me and thought of the Bitog crew.

Last edited:
Yup, we don't know just how good we have it here. I'm reminded of it every time I go back home to visit. You can easily understand why they don't change their oil every 3k or 5k or even 7k miles.

Someone should start a black market deal and send them German Castrol after buying with the autozone sale price ha ha.

Oil and gas is so expensive in Europe. The US probably gets the wholesale price since we consume so much more. Either that or we have some sort of trade agreement with the Saudis so that oil and gas doesnt go thru the roof since the US economy dictates the economy of the rest of the world.

Exactly... it's the gasoline tax structure that's much different in Europe. For the same reason diesel fuel was traditionally much cheaper than gas over there - it was taxed differently.

The price includes 19% sales tax. Also included is the "mineral oil tax" and an Öko (ecological) tax. I don't know the how much of the retail price is the tax in case of motor oil, but in the case of gasoline it is about 70%.

You can buy heavily discounted oil at home improvement centers in Germany. Those are shops similar to The Home Despot. One big chaain in Germany and other European countries, is OBI Baumarkt. They sell large jugs of oil, including recycled oil.

There's a blast from the past! I see Jet oil. I used to gas up at Jet gas stations all the time. I never used their oil, though.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Exactly... it's the gasoline tax structure that's much different in Europe. For the same reason diesel fuel was traditionally much cheaper than gas over there - it was taxed differently.

If you own a Diesel, you do indeed pay less mineral oil tax on the fuel there. However, the yearly registration tax is much higher compared to that is due for a gasser. If you drive very little, a Diesel engine may not save you any money.

So was Jet Basic the cheapest they had?

When are people going to start fighting over Group III being "top level" or "Mid level"?
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
As far as prices in Europe, We may be like that here in North America soon.

Cap and trade will increase the price of oil, gas and energy of any form. Change=poorer

Bulk oil in Germany does not vary in price near as much as with quarts. I also think that the German driver that""needs"" oil off the autoban is going to spend "whatever" to put his deemed oil in his car.

Yowza, Castrol TXT 505.01 for... €22.99/liter!

I used to buy that stuff for my Golf for under $6/liter... and I thought VW (Castrol) Longlife III 507.00 going up to $109 for a 12 liter case was crazy.

I believe you're right, salesrep. Much like c-stores here charging 4x the "regular" price for soda or snacks, they've got a captive market. Although I'm sure an Autobahn driver in need of an oil top-up would certainly qualify as more of a "need" than most Americans hungry for a snack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back