Battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I removed the OEM battery this past weekend, a thin rubber piece covered the bottom of the batter. I didn't notice this until I put the new one in. Is this something I should put back on the new one? Must be there to remove vibration.

The pad also keeps the electrons from leaking out the bottom of the battery.

35.gif

Last edited:
Keep the insulator there if at all possible.
Vibration is the #1 battery killer.
Cars who come in the shop with a bungee corded battery or left loose in the box only last a couple of years. 5-7 is normal.

Thats why I replace OEM batteries with Optimas.
No leak,no fuzz so what if it vibrates.

Last edited:
Pledge keeps your battery looking like brand new. It also stops that low level corrosion around the leads. Your battery will like like the day you purchased it on the day you recycle it. You will not need any grease or WD-40. Try it and let me know what you think. If you don't like it just give the can to your wife. And Lemon Pledge is my choice. I like the smell.

I also replaced an OEM Ford battery (which lasted about 8 years) with an Optimna as I got tired of adding water and leaks. It was a lucky move as the daughter who moved out of the house is using that car, and I at least don't have to worry about battery maintenance. Now we'll see if it lasts as long.

I'll probably put an Optima in my son's 92 F150 as it looks like the battery had friends over for a leak party.

Replace the rubber insulator. The insulater does two things. Insulates the battery from vibration AND helps isolate the battery electically. (Batteries if placed on a garage floor, should be put on wood or rubber- thank you MolaKule). Ed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back