Battery powered grease guns

Yes it’s excellent. My dad got angry at the manual one so he bought this one and it’s very powerful and very easy and simple to use.

Attachments

• E9AB672C-BA59-474E-9AE5-DF41AECFBB32.jpeg
    E9AB672C-BA59-474E-9AE5-DF41AECFBB32.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 40
I have the Milwaukee M18 one at work because I have several things that take a large amount of grease. It is not great in my opinion Due to several little issues but is good for moving a large amount of grease.

In my opinion there is no need for a powered gun unless you have have anything that takes a lot of grease or a ton on fittings on one piece of equipment.

Tend to agree with jhellwig
In my opinion there is no need for a powered gun unless you have have anything that takes a lot of grease or a ton on fittings

I would add for industrial lube technicians with large lube routes. They do save time and address ergonomics ( repetitive stress disorders, carpal tunnel and others)

They do sometimes assist in over lubrication, blow seals and you don't have the "feel" in cases of obstruction.

Also very difficult to do "precision lubrication" activities .

Like all other power tools- they have advantages, limitations, risks and benefits.

They're not really for the backyard mechanic. They're more of an industrial, mining and other heavy equipment tool. They do move a lot of grease with almost no effort. Whitmore OilSafe rechargeable gun will be launched next month. It'll pump 85 grams per minute and can be used in combination with the OilSafe Grease Meter to measure output in grams, ounces and cc's. The Grease Meter is a great advantage if you calculate relubrication volume. It can be a great addition to an operation's grease management program.

On my compact utility tractor and Ventrac equipment, my DeWalt greaser is way overkill and sits idle was I use an old lever grease gun. The DeWalt is very powerful and generally clears clogger zerts. Could have spent my money more wisely.

prs

Wouldn’t be with out one. I have a 20v dewalt at home for my farm and construction equipment and have a pneumatic Lincoln and another 20v dewalt at work. I can go through 3-4 tubes a shift doing pm work on production equipment.

Used a Dewalt 18v gun every day when I worked Mi-17s

Have to be careful not to push grease too fast. I've had to repair a few seals pushed out by people with heavy trigger fingers.

Late to the party, but we have a couple Milwaukee 12V versions at work. We have to use an entire tube of grease on a curve-belt conveyor, but that's all we use them for (although looking at some bearings it looks like the other techs use them for everything :LOL: ). They get used and abused and keep going. I dropped one and it fell on the conveyor 12 foot below and took a ride, but survived. One did need a rebuild kit after someone took it apart wrong, but nothing other than that.

Back