battery for Plantronics headset

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Plantronics headset that is wired to a cigarette size box that is the guts of a cordless phone and talks to the base via cordless phone technology. The box needs a new battery. Aftermarket ones on Amazon at more a little more capacity 750 vs 500 (mAh). The Plantronics brand has 500 mAh. The aftermarket ones are mixed reviews.

Any suggestions for aftermarket or go with Plantronics.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
What kind of battery is it? AAA NiMH? If so, go with Eneloop.

Or is it some proprietary Li-Po stuff?

It's a square(ish) proprietary battery. Unsure of the chemistry. The base charges it so I need to stay with the same chemistry.
It's a vintage 2015. I think NiMH.

Originally Posted by Donald
It's a square(ish) proprietary battery. Unsure of the chemistry. The base charges it so I need to stay with the same chemistry.

If it looks like this, then it's Li-Po:
https://www.amazon.com/65358-01-Battery-Plantronics-CS50-USB-500mAh/dp/B00T6NWPO6

Unfortunately, there are a lot of fake/false claims made about various third-party Li-Po/Li-Ion cells out there. Hard to tell if you're getting a quality cell, unless someone actually tested that particular one and you can see the results. If you don't want to gamble, I think the original Plantronics one may be the safe bet.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

If it looks like this, then it's Li-Po:
https://www.amazon.com/65358-01-Battery-Plantronics-CS50-USB-500mAh/dp/B00T6NWPO6

Unfortunately, there are a lot of fake/false claims made about various third-party Li-Po/Li-Ion cells out there. Hard to tell if you're getting a quality cell, unless someone actually tested that particular one and you can see the results. If you don't want to gamble, I think the original Plantronics one may be the safe bet.

The only reason I am half considering a aftermarket one is they are 50% more capacity. Not trying to save money.

The only reason I am half considering a aftermarket one is they are 50% more capacity. Not trying to save money.

But that was the point I was trying to make earlier: a lot of times these capacity figures are false claims - in reality they may have no more capacity than OEM, and in some cases even less.

I've seen some 18650 li-ion cells labeled as having 5,000 mAh capacity. In reality they had about 1,000 mAh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back