BARS Liquid Aluminum Into Heater Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RichardS
Maybe use the GM stop leak pellets? As I understand it, it's basically ground up ginger, that swells when exposed to air. The Bars leak pellets and powder are basically the same. I used the bars leak pellets to shore up the L.I.M. gasket leak in the buick until I could get the parts to fix it. Added, ran half an hour, drained the coolant to remove unused sealer, refilled with distilled water, and ran just fine until the repair.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-1...co+tablets&qid=1578731395&sr=8-2

These?

Originally Posted by hummdrumm
Yes those. Note one more tab with Bars for less money.

I do have to plead ignorance, my Titan goes through so many radiators I never have the chance to produce formidable thoughts on coolant and additives...

Will they mess up your system though? I know they work...great Amazon reviews lead me to that conclusion.

BUT...I can't see that as a good long term product, all the gunk and stuff that could possibly build up.

Maybe use it on the work beater temporarily as borrowed time before you junk it kind of thing.

Originally Posted by BigD1
I have had good luck with the Bar's Leaks tablets which are the same as the GM tablets.

I used this 1-2 months ago to stop a small freeze plug leak. So far it has worked good. I only used 1.5 of the pellets too.

......Will they mess up your system though? I know they work...great Amazon reviews lead me to that conclusion.

BUT...I can't see that as a good long term product, all the gunk and stuff that could possibly build up.

Maybe use it on the work beater temporarily as borrowed time before you junk it kind of thing.
[/quote]

From looking at line 1 above, the question appears to be in conflict with the sentence that follows. It appears that you are in doubt but also wanting to try the product. I know the the tabs can be flushed from the system and you could have success for 2 days or maybe 2 years. I don't see anything you have to lose except a few dollars. You could go to bars website and contact them by email or talk to them direct. I wanted to reply earlier but you know how it goes. I have Dex cool and it turns brown upon adding the tabs, but that appears to have no affect on performance. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back