Barrier creams instead of gloves.... I use---

You are looking at the ingredients in the cream, not the spray. Are we going to go through all ingredients now? Our lab techs use this stuff daily. I use it maybe once every other month. I worry about other things.

You are looking at the ingredients in the cream, not the spray. Are we going to go through all ingredients now? Our lab techs use this stuff daily. I use it maybe once every other month. I worry about other things.
Hilarious deflection.

i was interested until i seen the ingredients, mainly methylparaben which is an endrocrine disruptor, not good for the "boys" hanging below!! there are a lot of others + ALL should be avoided as much as possible!!
I use a paraben free sunscreen and moisturizer from, ahem, Sephora for everyday use. I’m donning a Nomex suit for this post.

Parabens and formaldehyde donors such as quaternum-15, DMDM hydantoin and some urea compounds are cheap and effective preservatives that are found in personal care, household/automotive cleaners/waxes/polishes and paints. But, some people are allergic to them and the effects of them are documented.

Acrylates give some lotions/moisturizers staying power to last a while. If you take an extended-release medication, chances are it’s compounded in acrylate-coated beads or a acrylate polymer complex coated with an osmotic membrane.

I use a paraben free sunscreen and moisturizer from, ahem, Sephora for everyday use. I’m donning a Nomex suit for this post.

Parabens and formaldehyde donors such as quaternum-15, DMDM hydantoin and some urea compounds are cheap and effective preservatives that are found in personal care, household/automotive cleaners/waxes/polishes and paints. But, some people are allergic to them and the effects of them are documented.
And some are allergic or sensitive to compounds in "rubber" gloves. Barrier creams are just that.,. barrier. They create a mostly harmless barrier on your skin, so when your hands are exposed to some toxic substance (like gasoline) the substance tends to not be absorbed. A side benefit of barrier creams is they make it easy to clean up. Very similar to wearing a rubber glove.

Hilarious deflection.
Not at all. Benji was worried about paraben and Cavilon Spray does not contain it. As for the other ingredients, do you think you suffer greater harm from the barrier product than from the chemicals you are trying to not get on your skin? As for water-based products, water is a solvent. How great a barrier can a water-based products be? What if you start sweating or if you touch something wet with water? Will a water-based barrier product still work as intended? If I were allergic or sensitive to an ingredient I would not use the product. Ask a dermatologist if you want a professional opinion.

Not at all. Benji was worried about paraben and Cavilon Spray does not contain it. As for the other ingredients, do you think you suffer greater harm from the barrier product than from the chemicals you are trying to not get on your skin? As for water-based products, water is a solvent. How great a barrier can a water-based products be? What if you start sweating or if touch something wet with water? Will a water-based barrier still work as intended? If I were allergic or sensitive to an ingredient I would not use the product. Ask a dermatologist if you want a professional opinion.
You can pontificate all you want about some theoretical hyperbole that is mostly nonsense. :) Quite simply, if the water based barrier cream is not working as intended, then it will not work as intended and your hands will not clean up easily. Simple:)

If you are such an expert, and you feel the threat to life so dire, I suggest you present yourself as a whistleblower and rat out the barrier cream industry and the entire cosmetic industry.

Meanwhile, we are making a list of barrier creams that people find very helpful for keeping their hands clean while working around dirty machinery-----

Maybe you could start your own thread about how people are killing themselves by using everyday products that the regulatory agencies say are safe, and stop trolling this thread?:whistle:

Back