Bardahl Ring-eeze similar to Auto-Rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bardahl.com/automotive/products/ring.htm

quote:

Bardahl has developed a means of dissolving deposits and keeping these deposits in suspension. Bardahl RING-EEZE contains patented chemistry to clean ring, valve, hydraulic lifter and other engine deposits. Major engine manufacturers such as Daewoo, Mazda, Fiat and Volkswagen recommend the use RING-EEZE chemistry to clean engine deposits. Bardahl RING-EEZE contains a blend of deposit removal compounds and detergent/dispersant chemistry to keep deposits from re-forming. RING-EEZE further is formulated anti-wear, friction modifiers that lubricate rings, cylinders and the valve train and inhibit further deposit formation.

quote:

Originally posted by seotaji:
http://www.bardahl.com/automotive/products/ring.htm

quote:

Bardahl has developed a means of dissolving deposits and keeping these deposits in suspension. Bardahl RING-EEZE contains patented chemistry to clean ring, valve, hydraulic lifter and other engine deposits. Major engine manufacturers such as Daewoo, Mazda, Fiat and Volkswagen recommend the use RING-EEZE chemistry to clean engine deposits. Bardahl RING-EEZE contains a blend of deposit removal compounds and detergent/dispersant chemistry to keep deposits from re-forming. RING-EEZE further is formulated anti-wear, friction modifiers that lubricate rings, cylinders and the valve train and inhibit further deposit formation.

There's no material safety information on the Bardahl website, so it's guesswork as to what Ring-Eeze consists of.

A price check shows it's about $6 for 16 oz, which seems low for a synthesized ester.

I'm betting it's solvents, something along the lines of Stoddard Solvent.

This is nothing like Auto RX. This product is poured into the crankcase, the engine idled for 10 minutes, driven for 10 minutes, and idled for 10 minutes. This 30 minuted procedure is nothing like the 1500 mile application of Auto RX. Must be mainly solvents.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:

quote:

Originally posted by C4Dave:
This is nothing like Auto RX.

Probably true, but this stuff seems to come close to the maintenance dose function of Auto Rx.

Whooooaaa Paul ... you've been searching huh ?
smile.gif

That stuff say's it outperforms STP , Ha ! I imagine so !

Two different additives and a TBN booster . I need to read up on the TBN stuff .

Hmmm

, Ester-Diester synthetic oils (also known as jet engine lubricants) which have powerful cleaning actions capable of dissolving and suspending sludge, varnish and carbon deposits to offer protection beyond 3,000 miles under any driving conditions.

IIRC there was a thread on someone using just a quart of jet turbine oil for cleaning out an engine. The thread went something like ...a used car dealer would add it to an engine and then run it a short time and change the oil. Then stories came in about the airforce yahoo that filled his entire crankcase with the stuff and lost every seal in the engine. The stuff was about a 10 weight.

Ah! found it!

Yeah, but ester/diester oils make great base oils, don't they? Think Redline/Neo/Motul/Kemopro..........

Wow, the 5 minute flush is growing in time. Bardahl is pushing it to 30 minutes. I see it as bad marketing in an instant gratification society.

I haven't seen any actual negative STP data. Heard some rumours but rumours are usually full of BS. Plus, the new STP bottles at Wallyworld are "new and improved....." with more AW/EP additives.... Does someone want to VOA the new STP?

ARX works relatively fast on coked up ring packs.
Normally in the first 500 miles in the cleaning cycle, substantial improvement is achieve. The reason for 1500 mile initial treatment interval would be more focused to the top end of the motor.

Whereas the ring packs are subjected to high heat and pressures, the top end is more of a splash systems, comparitively and the cleaning is slower with no intense pressure. All you have working in the valve train is heat and oil flow. This is just part of the slow methodical cleaning approach to ARX, as it relates to " clean as you drive".

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Whooooaaa Paul ... you've been searching huh ?

Yep. Was bored the other night. Interesting stuff, but I won't be trying it soon, if ever. Already have enough oil additive laying around to figure out what to do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back