Bardahl,good??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched the forum but I can not find news on all oil BARDAHL. What is a truly quality olive oil? Some people use it? Here in Europe is highly respected, because it is additivity of fullerene XTC 60 which reduces friction. I can not find the data sheets. After RP,M1 5w30 and I'm using now, I would also try BARDAHL.
Thank you.

That brand is very rarely mentioned in the automotive oil forums. It gets more discussion in the motorcycle forum.

I am confused why you asked "What is a truly quality olive oil?". I like olive oils from Italy personally but that discussion should go in the food forum. :)

If your Ford Focus is as easy on oil as those in North America, you'll be more than fine sticking with M1 ESP Formula 5W-30.
Why do you want to change to another oil? Is it wear protection, fuel economy, oil change interval length, cost,...?

I don't have any personal experience with Bardahl. However, the guys on Horsepower TV on Spike channel mention it frequently. I know it's just a TV show, but they are very good at what they do. I don't think they would recommend bad products.

Do you have a need for an additive? I wouldn't put anything but oil in your engine unless you are truly experiencing a problem.

O my god, sorry lot, use the translator Italian / English and automatically came out "olive oil". I did not recognize it. It meant, however, engine oil BARDAHL course. So it is widely used for motorcycles in America? Now I'm using M1, I am well. I was just curious to know how come we never hear about here on BARDAHL. Sooner or later I wanted to try.

Last edited:
Back in the 70's and 80's I used Bardahl Top Oil in my gas to loosen sticky valvesand to clean the combustion chamber and it worked very well.... I haven't seen it in years though...

I used to use it in a very old MG whose oil pressure would drop to about 10 psi at hot idle. bardahl would increase that to about 25 psi.

Ok, who is old enough to remember that classic Bardahl TV commercial of decades ago?

"Is sticky valves a-ridin' with you tonight
Are you sure your car is runnin' exactly right
He will make your engine sputter
And your car will jerk and stutter
Is sticky valves a-ridin' with you tonight.........
Bardahl did it again
Bardahl did it again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back