Bardahl American Classic 20W-50 motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, has anyone here ever tried (Bardahl American Classic) This oil & what do you think of it, Thanks for your help.. i ride a 2000 Dyna (H-D) ..

There is a VOA on this oil. do a search and you will find it. It is a very robust oil to say the least. It does get very high marks from some of the guys in the bike forums.

We used Bardahl oil in the shop for many, many years. But the rep quit coming around so I'd have to call and order it. And then they moved to Canada, IIRC.

Can you buy Bardahl products again in the states now?

Yes you can, one of there headquarters is in Seattle..Bardahl Manufacturing co -(206)783-4851.. i cant find anything in the search here.. i just starting running it , i put there 20W50 in the motor .. so far so good

Last edited:
You are correct. I believe they are still in the original building in Seattle. I think its been there since the late thirties early forties. The Bardahl name is a very prominent one in Seattle. They were once a very popular brand, and well known from Unlimited Hydroplanes, or as we northwesterners called them "thunder boats". They had a boat for quite some time, The miss Bardahl. My father raced Unlimited Hydros and was rookie of the year in 1968. He actually did a test drive for Bardahl in a car with all of the oil drained. As I recall it was driven quite some distance without issue. This was years ago.

Last edited:
I got over 200 quarts of American Classic 20W50 from Dennis Kirk last year for about $1.60/qt delivered to my door. I posted the VOA last year so look it up. I have been running it as a blend with RedLine race oil in every thing from lawn mower to my 7.3L PSD. Every thing looks good so far.

I remember Bardahl stickers being more available than STP stickers back around 1970. As I kid, I'd go into gas stations and ask if they had any STP stickers, which were of course cool. No luck with the STP stickers, but I got a fistful of Bardahl stickers.

i just bought 4 cases From Dennis Kirk today for $1.22 a quart. i think i will mix it with M-1 15W-50 in my Harley. 2 quarts Bardahl 50WT / 2 quarts M-1 15W-50 ..

I have seen various Bardahl products in Pep Boys, but I don't remember seeing Bardahl 20w50 oil, I only remember seeing power steering fluid and gasoline additives.

Originally Posted By: kballowe
I just got the last 93 quarts of 60 wt.

I can picture management back at sales headquarters: "Hey! A spike in sales! Maybe our product has life yet! Fire up the production line, boys ... there's demand out there!"

:)

Originally Posted By: TucsonDon
Originally Posted By: kballowe
I just got the last 93 quarts of 60 wt.

I can picture management back at sales headquarters: "Hey! A spike in sales! Maybe our product has life yet! Fire up the production line, boys ... there's demand out there!"

:)

hehehehe.... The shipping weight on the "checkout" was 199.5 pounds and zero shipping (order over $100).

I called customer service to confirm this and even made them aware of the shipping weight but they said it was free shipping. They tell me that it'll be here Wednesday.

THAT is service, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back