Not open for further replies.
bankrupt

I knew it was going to happen!
15.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Yessir, Chapter 11.

Which is likely going to fail as well.

Then we'll see Chapter 7.

Agreed,how long do you give them ? I would guess less than 3 years.

6 months, maybe? GM is right behind them.

Looks like the Ford vs. Chevy vs. chrysler debate is just about over.

AD

It will be a while before Chrysler goes Chap 7...DC will dump billions in first...then operate with the same efficiency as the USPS and then go Chap 7 when all the car buyers disappear. I mean really...would YOU spend $30,000-$40,000 on a new Chrysler right now? OR next year and hope they would still be there for warranty & service & parts?

Merging with Fiat is like Studebaker merging with Packard. And you know how well that worked out !!! LOL!!!

Originally Posted By: PT1
I mean really...would YOU spend $30,000-$40,000 on a new Chrysler right now? OR next year and hope they would still be there for warranty & service & parts?

The government will back the "service"...
crackmeup2.gif

Chrysler and their offshoots will be gone soon. Only after taking billions and billions of public $$ with them.

Then we will pay for them once they loose their jobs.

A win win.....
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
6 months, maybe? GM is right behind them.

Looks like the Ford vs. Chevy vs. chrysler debate is just about over.

AD

Yes. It will likely come down to Ford being the last man standing, OR, sales will pick up enough after Chrysler is gone to allow both Ford and GM to recover.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Does this mean we will see a BIG sale on Chryslers in the near future ?

Doubt it, they owe the banks and floorplanning companies to much.

I don't think they are done.
But I wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler was bought and sold a few more times in the next few years.
Chapter 11 is the only hope they and GM have for survival.
Simply pouring more money down the hole won't solve anything for them or us.

Jeep will survive in some form because it's a well known brand name that still sells relatively well.

As for the rest (Chrysler and Dodge) I'm not so sure. They may have to go away. If they stick around, at least one of the two brand plates will have to go. I could see them dumping Dodge, keeping Chrysler, but slimming the model lineup down quite a bit.

Overlapping domestic brands are dead. No more are the days of same car, different trim between corporate brands.

Chrysler will probably end up selling only minivans. Dodge will probably sell only the Charger. GM has potential to come out of this, but they need to slim down their product lines (and keep Saturn!). Ford should probably lose a few models also.

If these companies are not going to adapt to the wants of the consumer, then there's no helping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back