Baldwin post micron ratings now

Wow did I miss something? Post number 9 by you and you wrote
" I cross referenced the Wix 57055 and got Micron Rating: 23 Nominal; 45 Absolute. So that reflects what the efficiency of the corresponding Baldwin filter is?

The Wix 57055 is 99% at 23 microns so no I am very confused unless they are referring to the Wix XP which is likely closer to those numbers based on what I have seen elsewhere. "
Wix was mentioned a few more times in other posts, so I just thought I would post the specs. for the 57055 NOT the XP. I did not write about the OEM filter except for 10 words in a sentence stating that I do not think they changed the OEM filter to 27 psi from 23.2 or whatever the .? is.
Boy in way I thought I was just back up your statement on the WIX 57055

So please explain what it is that I did that was so wrong so that I do not do in the future.
Do you have a source for the 57055 efficiency? Wix doesn't have this posted.

Wow did I miss something? Post number 9 by you and you wrote
" I cross referenced the Wix 57055 and got Micron Rating: 23 Nominal; 45 Absolute. So that reflects what the efficiency of the corresponding Baldwin filter is?

The Wix 57055 is 99% at 23 microns so no I am very confused unless they are referring to the Wix XP which is likely closer to those numbers based on what I have seen elsewhere. "
Wix was mentioned a few more times in other posts, so I just thought I would post the specs. for the 57055 NOT the XP. I did not write about the OEM filter except for 10 words in a sentence stating that I do not think they changed the OEM filter to 27 psi from 23.2 or whatever the .? is.
Boy in way I thought I was just back up your statement on the WIX 57055

So please explain what it is that I did that was so wrong so that I do not do in the future.

Again this thread is about filtration efficiency and not about the bypass spec that you want to talk about. I am not sure how familiar you are with this website but this subject has been so thoroughly discussed ad nauseam over and over and over and over and over again for over a decade that when you bring up the subject in a thread that has nothing to do with the subject whatsoever than some might wonder why you are doing it. For some reason this the subject has a bad habit of derailing threads completely.

Furthermore everyone who talks on this subject knows the specs on the Wix 57055 filters and their Napa clones. Same stuff, different thread.

Do you have a source for the 57055 efficiency? Wix doesn't have this posted.
WIX doesn't even show efficiency (beta ratio) numbers anymore. All they show is that the Nominal efficiency (which is 50% efficiency) is 15 microns.

WIX 57055 Specs:
When they use to show efficiency specs, most standard WIX filters would have a beta of 2/20 = 6/20 which means 50% @ 6 microns and 95% at 20 microns.

If they show Nominal at 15 microns for the 57055, then I don't see how it could maintain an efficiency of 95% @ 20 microns.

If you want a direct answer, you should contact WIX and see if they can give you the efficiency at 20 microns. Don't be surprised if they tell you "it's proprietary", which is a cop out IMO.

WIX doesn't even show efficiency (beta ratio) numbers anymore. All they show is that the Nominal efficiency (which is 50% efficiency) is 15 microns.

WIX 57055 Specs:
When they use to show efficiency specs, most standard WIX filters would have a beta of 2/20 = 6/20 which means 50% @ 6 microns and 95% at 20 microns.

If they show Nominal at 15 microns for the 57055, then I don't see how it could maintain an efficiency of 95% @ 20 microns.

If you want a direct answer, you should contact WIX and see if they can give you the efficiency at 20 microns. Don't be surprised if they tell you "it's proprietary", which is a cop out IMO.
They still show the beta ratios for 51372, 51516, and 51334 so my "fleet" is covered.

I don't particularly care about 57055, but I've seen numbers in other threads get thrown around that seem a little higher than expected

They still show the beta ratios for 51372, 51516, and 51334 so my "fleet" is covered.

I don't particularly care about 57055, but I've seen numbers in other threads get thrown around that seem a little higher than expected
I'd only trust the data directly from WIX ... if they don't know, then nobody does.

This is what Baldwin sent me!

Thank you for your email. Nominal is a 50% efficient micron rating, and Absolute is 98.7% efficient micron rating. The smaller the number, the finer the filtration.

Thank you

Megan Ledbetter

Hotline Technician- Catalog Dept.

[email protected]

308-237-9778

800-822-5394 ext. 79778

This is what Baldwin sent me!

Thank you for your email. Nominal is a 50% efficient micron rating, and Absolute is 98.7% efficient micron rating. The smaller the number, the finer the filtration.

Thank you

Megan Ledbetter

Hotline Technician- Catalog Dept.

[email protected]
That's pretty much the filter industry standard definitions of Nominal and Absolute efficiency.

Did you ask them for any specific filter model efficiency numbers?

My oil filter is B7443, what does 12 nominal and 30 absolute mean? Thanks.
It means 50% efficient for particles 12μ and larger, and 98.7% (call it 99%) efficient for particles 30μ and larger.

Back