Balanced View of Global Warming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have affected the ozone hole(s). Of course we can have a positive effect. Having a negative effect is just so much easier.

Last edited:
Quote:

Quote:

I agree with your assessment that we do not have the ability to alter our global impacting behaviors with a caveat.

Well we've managed to increase the CO2 concentration by 50% since we started this great experiment...i.e. we've altered the atmospheric make-up to a measurable degree. Globally.

So to say that we cannot have a global effect is wrong. What the ramifications of that are is what you are arguing, not that we can't do it.

To have an effect on the entire planet would entail what? Lowering the emissions of every factory, power plant and automobile on every continenet? While we're at it we need to drastically reduce the earth's population and find a way to control the natural production of CO2. That's quite an order.

Quote:

so choosing to do nothing is a better idea ?

Sometmes it is. Without knowing what the problem is how can anyone choose the correct answer? Kinda like solving the following math problem: ___ + ___= ___
Do you just throw something at it and hope it works? And hope what you throw doesn't cause more damage than was already there?

There are just too many things to weigh in the balance. There's also the need to depopulate the globe ..and, oddly, that only appears to happen with industrialization.

Quote:

The world population will drop of its own accord, the way it is heading in Canada (once we run out of places to get free trained immigrants).

The only reason that the western populations are decreasing is due to industrialization. My parents were both from high number peasant type families. 6 (iirc) on my father's side and 7 on my mother's side. Most of those children only had two children. Not the same 6 or 7. My parents only had one (they decided to cut their losses and not roll the dice again
grin.gif
). Now while we've been producing fertility problems and worrying about minor aches and pains ..the rest of the undeveloped, and mostly agrarian, third world has been acting like bacteria. Some out of necessity ..some out of cultural norms. What we somehow forget is that, as referenced with my parents parents ..it was also our cultural norm at one time. Since then, a number of things have made the large family unnecessary and out of vogue for most of us. Most of you who are in retirement will not be dividing up YOUR care between the kids as you age (although I think that we're heading back in that direction). You need many wallets and/or many hands to care for the elderly of the clan without outside support.

Don't worry, Gary. Captain Trips, drought, famine, seismic and astronomical events combined with rising sea levels and social unrest will thin us out in time!

Who's got directions to the Arctic Seed Vault?
tongue.gif

Well, I've been away for awhile, and it's nice to see all the craizies are still here..... Because if you weren't here you would be infecting other sites......

Here's a link for y'all to peruse on the matter.
www.junkscience.com

Nice balanced site. Man ..the coincidence that all the junk science falls within political affiliations is amazing
wink.gif

This topic is inherently political. All future posts re global warming will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back