Bait and Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all the hoarding (I mean long term aquisition) it would appear some do not trust the reformulation of GC. Some who defend the reformulation are buying a lot of the M02 thru M04 batches. Just an observation at this point.

Even though I'm one of the ones who is stockpiling a lot of the green GC, due to my excellent results with it, I am beginning to think that perhaps the new stuff isn't going to be terrible. We do know it's the same viscosity, but it's additive package differs. So at least we know it meets ACEA A3, so it's not a weak oil like the previous 0w30 made here in North America.

I think we just need to give it a chance.

I have been buying the green because that is what Terry is having tested and we will know exactly what's in it. Unless the same testing is done for the 05 stuff, it's a guess.

Regardless of why it is changing, I intend to buy the new GC, and through my own display of confidence in it, hopefully dispell lack of confidance in others. I think at times we become victims of our own "gloom and doom" regarding Castrol. What I mean by that is, we taking one area of concern about Castrol's behavior and we translate it to other areas not even impacted by it. Even if you believe the "Grp III incident" was bad news...was the resulting performance bad news?...not so far as I can tell from all I have read on this board. I am not talking price issues here, but performance. The reason I bring that up is, unless you REALLY believe that Castrol is slipping in a Grp III modification to GC and so it will be "overpriced," there is no cause to be concerned. If it is still fully synthetic, none of us have reason to worry about its performance...remember Castrol performance has not been the issue. Hope this helps.

[ April 04, 2005, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

they may have switched it because of the testing of the green that is happening on the board. You know how secretive they like to be
wink.gif
there's probably a castrol oil rep reading this forum everyday.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back