Bad Hemi lifters!!

Here is a pic of what I have talked about before. Oil weight/brand, etc wont fix a soft pin. If u look, you can see the rollers ate into the soft pin. After enough clearance , the rollers jam/break, and its all over quick. This is the same as the 3.6 issue. Its a quality issue with the pin or axle if you will. Any I have taken apart before it gets this bad, on either engine, the rollers were still mint.

FB_IMG_1634387375455.jpg

Here is a pic of what I have talked about before. Oil weight/brand, etc wont fix a soft pin. If u look, you can see the rollers ate into the soft pin. After enough clearance , the rollers jam/break, and its all over quick. This is the same as the 3.6 issue. Its a quality issue with the pin or axle if you will. Any I have taken apart before it gets this bad, on either engine, the rollers were still mint.

View attachment 81995
Wow! What did that come out of?

It really is a non issue. We really dont do that many at the dealer, esp. compared to how many we sell. Drive it and dont worry
I would say its only a non issue if it doesn't affect you. I have a neighbor who had his Ram truck engine apart (circa 2017-2018-2019?) two times for lifter trouble. After the second time, the dealer finally gave in and gave him a whole new engine to fix it. This was before the truck had 10K miles on it.

I would love to see actual data showing units sold versus units that have this happen. I know it’ll never happen, but I would be willing to bet that it’s a very small percentage.
Again, without factual data, it’s all just perceptions and opinions based on complaints on the internet. We all know there’s a lot more people that flock to the countless forums to criticize than there are to praise.

While a lifter recall hasn’t been issued by GM, the company has agreed to cover repairs through extended warranties known as Component Coverage, if vehicle owners have had two or more repairs at dealerships for the valve train and lifter problems. The suit argues, however, that the extended coverage is only provided if the owner has already repaired the damage twice. From GM

This lawsuit is for 2014 thru 2021.

I have a friend with a 5.7 hemi I think 2007, that just had lifter failure and it took out the cam. He had 119k. He did have a lot of idling, like an hour or so at a time. So there may be something to the prolonged idling and lifter oiling/failure.

Back