Bad Eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Alright fellers, please read my question again:

"How many days past the sell-by date do you expect eggs to be safe for consumption?"

Let me answer this as clearly as I possibly can: I like eggs on toast, and also eggs Benedict.

whistle.gif

EDIT: Further, back in my home town we used to go to a local farmer (for those of you who watched too much America's Funniest Home Videos, is was Jerry Lamos [sp?], the guy who submitted some of the funny skits involving multitudes of chickens in his barn) and purchase flats of eggs around Hallowe'en time. He would ask "Are these for eating or throwing?" We would respond "Uh... Well, *throwing*", at which point he would walk out back and return shortly after with a few flats of the smelliest, funkiest, off-coloured h-e-l-l-spawn I've ever seen. We would then throw them at passing cars. I do not know how far after their "sell by" date they were.

Originally Posted By: c3po
Originally Posted By: moribundman
How many days past the sell-by date do you expect eggs to be safe for consumption?
grin2.gif

Mori, for everyone else maybe a week, for yourself there is no time limit, even a year after the sell-by-date there should not be a problem.

LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back