Bad Attitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just site seeing today and pulled up to a civilian guarded gate to cross over a dam. Guard asks why I want to cross? I say because I feel like it....Wrong answer for the rent a guard and I'm irritated he even asked.

[censored]? Should I feel good or bad? I've driven over this dam numerous times without being asked why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's Dam is it?

I think we all might be interested to know the full exchange.

In such cases I have encountered (A the type that explains why he is there to prevent people (in this case) crossing. ie. Somebody got hurt last month.

Or (B) those that see them selves with an ounce of authority, an gosh darn they are going to use it.

If I have time on my hands, I love the latter
grin2.gif

It's good you're not asked every time why you want to cross. The one time you're asked you smart off. So you should feel bad to answer your question. He was doing his job. I'm sure you didn't do anything to help his day in a positive way. In fact you probably did just the opposite.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Just site seeing today and pulled up to a civilian guarded gate to cross over a dam. Guard asks why I want to cross? I say because I feel like it....Wrong answer for the rent a guard and I'm irritated he even asked.

[censored]? Should I feel good or bad? I've driven over this dam numerous times without being asked why?

You should edit the title, it's Attitude, not Attatude.

You should have said, to see the other side. Or because it was there.

In these types of situations I like to give a very blank stare and state...."Why would you ask such a question?"

Turns them into the interrogated....opens a dialogue (assuming the guy/guard wants to be a D Bag.).

Most larger dams with roads across the top were closed to traffic after 9/11 except on special occasions or very limited access. Hoover Dam still has a road across it, but it only serves to get to and from one of the tourist center parking lots, the new bridge downstream carries the highway traffic. The highway had been moved to a bridge downstream of Mansfield Dam near Austin way before 9/11 and they'd turned the old road over the dam into a walking trail. But 9/11 came, and up went the barbed wire gates... I really miss it, it was a great view and a great piece of engineering to look at.

It's a security guard doing their job. Infrastructure is expensive, maybe they don't need extra traffic driving on it for no reason.

If they hadn't even looked up from the it phone would you be here complaining about that too?

Why would you feel good about a negative interaction? If only feel good if you manipulated guard with a kinder approach.

I have found kindness takes you so much further and especially bending rules or policies.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
In these types of situations I like to give a very blank stare and state...."Why would you ask such a question?"

Turns them into the interrogated....opens a dialogue (assuming the guy/guard wants to be a D Bag.).

Sounds like the police officer in you coming out.
smile.gif

Get used to it. There's gonna be alot more checkpoints across the U.S. in the future.

Our country is not ours anymore; it belongs to the UN and the global elite bankers.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
Should have said to get to the other side.

LoL. +1 !!

To get to the other dam side.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Our country is not ours anymore; it belongs to the UN and the global elite bankers.

You can add the Japanese and Chinese to that list.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Why would you feel good about a negative interaction? If only feel good if you manipulated guard with a kinder approach.

I have found kindness takes you so much further and especially bending rules or policies.
Oh yeah, the personal, gathering co-conspirators to ensure that everyone has a hassle free day.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back