Bad advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I hear a fool is easily recognized by a discolored finger.
tongue.gif

*chuckle*

I didn't realize there was any trick to checking oil. I just keep tabs on the level and at 2-3k (usually 2...I'm a bit anal) its dirty and time for a change..duh. No dirty fingers for me
wink.gif

quote:

Actually, this comment could be considered politically incorrect, with bad timing. Could offend our Iraqi friends who risked their lives voting........

quote:

Actually, this comment could be considered politically incorrect, with bad timing. Could offend our Iraqi friends who risked their lives voting........

I'm known for my off-color remarks.

I reccomend visually inspecting the oil often. It would sure be nice to catch water or antifreeze dilution that way before buying a new engine.
However, perfectly good oil can wind up looking pretty dark. It's not a good heuristic.

quote:

''actually the best way to find if you need to change your oil, check it often and when it gets discolored and then on your finger after that is discolored, its time to change.''

This statement is not complete, it should be noted that when the oil 'feels' gritty between the fingers, you know the oil is dirty,
THEN it is time to change the oil

grin.gif

There's another joke in here somewhere. Something about where to check with your finger if you're a quart low...
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by labman:

''actually the best way to find if you need to change your oil, check it often and when it gets discolored and then on your finger after that is discolored, its time to change.''

Must work at Jiffy Lube...

Found this on another forum:

A good example of anybody being able to post anything they want on the net?

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
tongue.gif

lol.gif
I just about fell out of my chair laughing after reading your post moribundman!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
If you smoke after sex try a 15W-40

You crack me up Paul!
cheers.gif

My wife heard me laughing and asked what was so funny. How do you explain this to someone who isn't an "oil head"?

Dave

A little more bad advice I just ran across doing a search on another website bulletin board:

quote:

If you change your oil every 3K like you should (5K intervals were strong-armed onto the manufactures by the Green movement) a good quality detergent oil is all you need.

"strong-armed onto the manufactures by the Green movement"
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
A little more bad advice I just ran across doing a search on another website bulletin board:

quote:

If you change your oil every 3K like you should (5K intervals were strong-armed onto the manufactures by the Green movement) a good quality detergent oil is all you need.

"strong-armed onto the manufactures by the Green movement"
lol.gif

Hey, they sould not talk about GC that way. The elves don't like that.
grin.gif

Another gem from the same source, this time about interchanging throttle bodies on a Honda. ''not much on em but it sould bolt right up and work. 1.5 and a 1.6 ain't much bigger in size. 1.6 and 1.5 is the oil it holds.''

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
Confucius says.....

Man who goes to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger.
grin.gif

I swear to you, I almost posted this quote 2 days ago......I thought I was the only one who ever said that.
lol.gif
But my all-time favorite is: "Man who cast his hook in another man's pond catch crabs"
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back