Bad A$$ Z06

If you do not know how to control that much horsepower do every one a favour and leave the traction control on !

I know the guys filming this. Don’t know the Z06 driver but his license plate is clearly visible. He definitely didn’t lift!

EA1DEE32-5145-43B3-9B8C-C1BFCF58571B.png

Haha I would've stopped, laughed in his face, then laughed even harder when his dad showed up and took his wrecked car back:ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note, I’ve owned cars with enough power to spin the sticky tires at 65MPH, by simply pressing down on the pedal. Not once have I lost control of the vehicle. I’m a race car guy, and I’ve got some track time, starting from age 15. However, just barely competent would be my assessment of my skills. I’m no expert.

There is more to this kind of loss of control than just simple lack of skill. It seems many modern vehicles don’t fully disable the stability control, when it’s selected off. There are unknown things happening and the driver is unable to compensate. Mustangs are really subject to this problem, there are even a few technical articles about why it happens.

You will rarely see a fully prepped race car lose control in this manner. Drag cars don’t, Road Race cars don’t and drift cars don’t. Yet street Mustangs and Street Corvettes clearly have an issue.

Very few of them will track straight every time when spinning the tires. Sometimes they will, and sometimes they go wildly out of control. The driver has no way to know when this will happen. Bottom line, the driver must lift at the first sign of tire spin. Contrast that with drag cars that can spin tires the entire way down the track.

Last edited:
Back