Back with GC

today I was like need to change the oil in my truck (PP 5w-30) ran about 6500 miles on it. the oil preformed good. alot better than M1. but while looking in my gararge. I saw my old lil stash of GC. so I put it back in with a napa gold filter. I really think the 4.7L V-8 dodge really loves this oil. the PP worked fine and would put this in before M-1. but my engine is alot smoother sence I went back to GC. so now my truck will get nothing but GC year round for the rest of its life (or till they stop making it or I kick the bucket.) I am looking for 6 months or 7500 miles out of the GC. sure this wont happen tombstone: : so release the hounds. as I am back on the GC hunt.

Dark Jedi

got alot more noise out of M-1 than anyother syn or dino. been a few people to comment on this happening with their vehicles.

Dark Jedi

glad you dont. but like said around here not all engines lieks the same oil. I know I been told that M-1 is a thinner 30W oil. as GC is a thicker almost a 40. guess thats what my engine needs. I was in no way bashing M-1.

Quote:
glad you dont. but like said around here not all engines lieks the same oil. I know I been told that M-1 is a thinner 30W oil. as GC is a thicker almost a 40. guess thats what my engine needs. I was in no way bashing M-1.
I know you weren't, ,, i was just wondering why thats all. thanks!!!