Back on GC how long of an oci can I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that I could go 8,000KM then just change the filter and top off as needed. This way I'll only have to change my oil once this winter with the exeption of the filter change. It's just to darn cold here to be hanging under the car in the winter.

8000km should be no problem for GC in your Sunbird. I'm planning on a 10,000km interval with this oil in my Firebird over this winter, and if there is tons of snow on the ground in early March when I hit the 10,000km mark, I'll just extend it out to 11 or 12,000km. My father is going to be doing 12,000km intervals with this oil.

In Europe, Audi uses a low HT/HS Castrol SLX II for 60,000 kilometers in their Flexible Service cars. You probally can go all year on GC fine. I never really consider a filter change important unless you are going 30,000km or some figure like that.

Alrighty then. Thanks Patman
grin.gif

So this winter even it I did 15,000km and I didn't change the oil or filter I should be ok.
I just don't want to kill my engine. But seeing how well this oil can perform I shouldn't really worry to much. This oil can probably go 25,000km anyway.

[ December 10, 2003, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Rick ]

quote:

Originally posted by Rick:
So this winter even it I did 15,000km and I didn't change the oil or filter I should be ok.
I just don't want to kill my engine. But seeing how well this oil can perform I shouldn't really worry to much. This oil can probably go 25,000km anyway.

If you have a proven track record on this vehicle with UOA's I would think that's O.K. the other thing is to pay attention to UOA''s from others as they come in. (I'm sure you'll be doing that
grin.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back