B&S mower air filter after 4 years of use

First maintenance I've done on this mower since 2017. It should be good to go after dumping out all that junk, shouldn't it? :)

IMG_7921.jpg

IMG_7922.JPG

Last edited:
251809090_1053883751820314_8533699929964304547_n.jpg

251825317_742059207189964_835644435929864600_n.jpg

That looks clean compared to the one I took off a B&S 625EX I picked up a few weeks ago, I guess the owner never even looked at it in the 6 years they had the mower.

With that amount of buildup, should have been checked and cleaned annually. Rate of buildup depends entirely on where/when you mow, though IIRC, my riding mower B&S has a foam prefilter so the larger debris pictured would never have made it to the paper filter.

This time of year wallyworld clearances them, you can check to see if they still have any in your area.

Thanks, and Dang! Wish that I had seen this while I was out running around.

The nearest store with inventory has 'limited stock' and it's marked down to $1. I haven't had luck finding items that brickseek categorizes as limited stock, especially at that particular WM.

Yes, I should be checking it more frequently, and no, I will not clean and reuse it.

I use that exact filter on my trim mower.
I got mine on ebay.
You can buy a box of 5 for about 9 bucks.

I second the suggestion to replace at least once each year. Also clean with compressed air after each use.

My trusty 24 y.o. Honda let's me know when it's time to replace...it requires two pulls to start instead of just one! This usually happens twice a year (I use it 9-10 months to mow and to mulch leaves, sticks, and pine needles...lots of dust). I buy the knockoff 5- or 10-packs on ebay or Amazon.

i use the air compressor set to 30psi to gently blow at an angle after vacuuming off the loose stuff.
air filters are cheap but its not soaked in mud 90% comes off with a few taps and it just filters better.

I would vacuum out the dirt and reinstall. There's not much imbedded dirt in that filter to discard it.

I would vacuum out the dirt and reinstall. There's not much imbedded dirt in that filter to discard it.
I agree. I would clean and reuse. You used it for four years and never cleaned it and the mower ran fine. It will continue to run just fine for another four years. Just clean it once in a while.

Back