Awsome car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owners list reads like a who's who of the second half of the 20th century, including the Pope. The best built, and most technologically advanced car since the Duesenberg.

Since this is an oil forum the hydraulic system that runs everything uses a proprietary Mercedes fluid. Pouring ATF in is a mistake that will take the sticker price of a new Mazda 6 to fix...

Last edited:
I can imagine the Pope siting in the back singing a famous Janis Joplin song
whistle.gif

There is one of these near our winter getaway more or less aging(rotting) outside along a gravel road.

Now I understand why the suspension looks flat.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
...The hydraulic system that runs everything uses a proprietary Mercedes fluid. Pouring ATF in is a mistake that will take the sticker price of a new Mazda 6 to fix...
Nah, Maxlife will be fine
40.gif

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
mercedes_benz_w100_pick_up_el_benzo.jpg

Merc-a-minos!

I was thinking EL-mercedos, but i like the Merc-a-minos better!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
mercedes_benz_w100_pick_up_el_benzo.jpg

Merc-a-minos!

I was thinking EL-mercedos, but i like the Merc-a-minos better!

And there's always the little known Ford-Mercedes hybrid, the Ranch-a-cedes!

Quote:
Since this is an oil forum the hydraulic system that runs everything uses a proprietary Mercedes fluid. Pouring ATF in is a mistake that will take the sticker price of a new Mazda 6 to fix...

What, EXACTLY, is the fluid? There was an old forklift at work that required "proprietary" fluid in its hydraulics. Someone had an inspiration and looked up (I think through the MSDS sheet) the exact spec...which turned out to be no more and no less than $17/gallon low-temp snowplow oil!

I'd never heard of them before seeing this post...then found out that I was talking to a guy on the phone the other day who has TWO !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back