Awesome Yard Sale Find!

I wanted to put this in a M1-209 oil filter thread already started but didn't see any.
My cousin and his wife went yard sailing this morning and bought this for me, 25 cents.
There was no box. I think I see rust in there. Anyone else see it? I think I will just cut it open.

Attachments

• M1-2.jpg
    M1-2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 87
  • M1-3.jpg
    M1-3.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Found this:

Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter M1-209​

By Mobil
Current price $11.99
or 4 interest-free payments of 3.00 with
Sezzle_Logo_FullColor.svg

Chrysler Products (2002-09), Ford Products (1971-09), Jaguar X Type (2000-08), Mazda 6 (2009-13), CX9 (2007-15) (Ford E1EE-6714-AA||| Motorcraft FL-400A)
Manufacturer SKU: M1-209ARunnings SKU: 24520139

I didn't see any rust on it. I would be tempted to use it. I had some old filters that I had laying around and gave them all to my favorite mechanic to gradually use up on someone else's vehicle. I think if you cut it open it would look usable but it's hard to tell from my computer.

So, your cousin… AND his wife… knew what oil filter to buy you as a gift… Either your family are the most thoughtful people in the world or you talk way too much about oil filters.
The Catholic church I attend has a HUGE yard sale a couple of times a year to benefit the school (K-12). Sure, they try to make money, but they're not out to rape people either. He usually does my OCI on my trucks engine and he KNOWS which oil filters my trucks engine uses!
He just so happened to be rummaging through a person's misc. box of items and the filter was in there! If it makes you feel better, I can have him call you (PM me your phone number) and you two can discuss the facts!
I don't know what you're TRYING to insinuate, but you're barking up the wrong tree!

The Catholic church I attend has a HUGE yard sale a couple of times a year to benefit the school (K-12). Sure, they try to make money, but they're not out to rape people either. He usually does my OCI on my trucks engine and he KNOWS which oil filters my trucks engine uses!
He just so happened to be rummaging through a person's misc. box of items and the filter was in there! If it makes you feel better, I can have him call you (PM me your phone number) and you two can discuss the facts!
I don't know what you're TRYING to insinuate, but you're barking up the wrong tree!
MODS, PLEASE close this thread. If ANY more members want to slander my name here, I don't think I can control what I type! And I DON'T need a permanent vacation!

I’m just ribbing you. Sorry if I upset you.

I wanted to put this in a M1-209 oil filter thread already started but didn't see any.
My cousin and his wife went yard sailing this morning and bought this for me, 25 cents.
There was no box. I think I see rust in there. Anyone else see it? I think I will just cut it open.
Send it to me. I have a friend that can use it.

Back