Awesome bass test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you're wife isn't in the house, anything loose is tied down if you have a good subwoofer.... This stuff is the best thing ever. Sounds great with my new sub lol. Everything in my room was vibrating @_@

Here's a hearing test, same kinda thing. More detailed and progressive. EDIT: LOLOLOL I can feel my brain liquifying with my Sony headphones . I can hear to 16khz

and the low frequency version of that one

Last edited:
Anything below 20-25Hz is felt rather heard, assuming that your hardware can even reproduce it.

My 12" SVS sub can reach down to about 20 Hz in ideal in-room setup, but it doesn't have a whole lot of juice there.

Also, advice to all, be careful playing such low frequency tones at high volumes... these typically push through with very low impedance (high current), which can fry your amp and damage your speakers (because the amp is sending dirty power to them). Just because you can't hear it, doesn't mean the amp isn't working hard. But because you can't hear it, you tend to crank up the volume knob.

Last edited:
The lowest frequency and strongest bass i've ever heard and experienced (and I used to install car stereos for extra money in my college days) was not from a stereo system, but it was a musical instrument. Sub-Bass manual on a Pipe Organ. We're talking simulated earthquake - one that no stereo system i've ever heard can match, in power or frequency response.

My hearing was lost at 6 khz
21.gif

Originally Posted By: expat
21.gif

How old are you? Hearing deteriorates with age. At 36, I'm down to about 15kHz nowadays. I used to be able to hear 18-19k some 15 years ago.

Anyone else have ringing in their ears? I am 52 and mine ring like you wouldn't believe all the time. I discovered ear muffs after hunting a lot. Also had several courses of chemo and that stuff will really kill your hearing.

But I still seems to hear things most don't because when I listen, I pay attention. Like Holmes said, observe don't just see. Same applies to hearing.

Dan

Last edited:
My ears must still be pretty good despite all the damage, I can hear the test up to 13khz, but 14 and above I can't hear.

Better than I would have thought.

Bass frequencies are funny, i can't really hear them below 40hz, but I can tell if they are missing from music or if the sub is turned off. 20hz-40hz translate to feeling more than hearing. When its there, the music is great, when its not, music is lacking.

I have sub that I built that will do an honest 110db at 20hz, so it is very evident when those low notes are there or not.

Dan

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: expat
21.gif

How old are you? Hearing deteriorates with age. At 36, I'm down to about 15kHz nowadays. I used to be able to hear 18-19k some 15 years ago.

I've had Tinnitus 24/7 for the last 6 years!
PROTECT YOUR EARS!!!!!

The most boring video I have watched. I was expecting something to happen besides noise......

Waste of 1 min of my life.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Here's a hearing test, same kinda thing. More detailed and progressive. EDIT: LOLOLOL I can feel my brain liquifying with my Sony headphones . I can hear to 16khz.

I use a CRT television. They operate at almost 16 khz, so as long as I can hear that it's on (even when muted) almost anywhere in the house, I figure my hearing is still good!

Originally Posted By: rpn453
Originally Posted By: Nick R
Here's a hearing test, same kinda thing. More detailed and progressive. EDIT: LOLOLOL I can feel my brain liquifying with my Sony headphones . I can hear to 16khz.

I use a CRT television. They operate at almost 16 khz, so as long as I can hear that it's on (even when muted) almost anywhere in the house, I figure my hearing is still good!

Yeah, I can hear ours too, though on the test, I dropped off at 15K.

I've had tinnitus for... As long as I can remember. My first recollection of it was as a young kid- I'm 32 now. I've worked in industrial settings for 11 or my 14 professional working years and suffered little in the way of hearing loss in spite of not using hearing protection for many of them and my hearing is still pretty darn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back