Have you even followed this thread?

People asked for their military avatars back - done.

Then, folks asked for LE and first responder avatars - done.

But now, with your sarcastic, whiny post, I’m sure BITOG will put getting your personal avatar at the very top of the “to do” list...🙄

Last edited:
Have you even followed this thread?

People asked for their military avatars back - done.

Then, folks asked for LE and first responder avatars - done.

But now, with your sarcastic, whiny post, I’m sure BITOG will put getting your personal avatar at the very top of the “to do” list...🙄
Sorry for making a joke. Hard crowd.
Looking at all the forums on the main page there are no avatars other then the odd one mentioned from this thread. It is extremely bland, so I was jokingly trying to suggest we want more.

Dunno how your expecting people to donate and support this forum though with this kind of attitude, sorry.

Sorry for making a joke. Hard crowd.
Looking at all the forums on the main page there are no avatars other then the odd one mentioned from this thread. It is extremely bland, so I was jokingly trying to suggest we want more.

Dunno how your expecting people to donate and support this forum though with this kind of attitude, sorry.
Look at your post. It wasn’t a joke and you know it.

Dunno how you’re expecting more from a clean (no advertising) forum that you use for free.

I do wish that you would enable the "default" avatars (it is the first letter of your user name in white with a random background color) just to fill in the blank spot on so many users posts. It looks terrible as it is now.

I do wish that you would enable the "default" avatars (it is the first letter of your user name in white with a random background color) just to fill in the blank spot on so many users posts. It looks terrible as it is now.

I'm thinking that Wayne will later. Remember he is probably still working out all the bugs of this move.

That’s a good suggestion. Thanks.

Looks like the default avatars are up. I see different users have different color avatars - is this a user configurable setting? What determines the color?

Looks like the default avatars are up. I see different users have different color avatars - is this a user configurable setting? What determines the color?
From what I have seen, it is a random color, but once you have it, it does not change (but may be something that can be set to be configured on admin side).

Thanks for doing it, adds a little color to the site, and gets rid of the blank square

The letter is better than the blank box. I'm surprised that XF even defaults to blank vs the letter. Reminds me of what Google does with contacts when you don't assign a picture - they use the first and last letter (if available) of the contact's name.

Look at your post. It wasn’t a joke and you know it.

Dunno how you’re expecting more from a clean (no advertising) forum that you use for free.
It was a joke, I should have put something after it like a ;) (or a j/k) or something perhaps.

I like the fact its clean, but it is sterile and hard to read without simple things like avatars (even if we can't pick em ourselves etc.) Its looking better already :)

Is there a way I can get my avatar removed? I'm not even sure how it got there. I don't have a replacement but I can't find anywhere in the settings to change it.

Back