Available GF6 oil brands (SN P rated?)

Firstly, are all GF6 oils rated SN plus?

Secondly, what common brands have their GF6 oils on the shelves at the moment? I know Mobil1 is out, but for personal reasons, i'm not considering them right now.

Looking for 5w30 Gf6 oils that are out there, anyone got some recently?

So is the new certification going to give your car a 100,000 more miles of engine life? Time to be realistic and move on.
How many UOA have you seen on the New spec? Me none. You are buying the hype!

Ahh, i see API SP is the same as GF6 essentially. I just wanted to see what was out there.

Also, i did notice that Shell's Rotella page doesn't seem to have been updated in a few years, their Canadian page has been, updating things like Gas Truck to GF6 etc, but the USA site's last press release was 2018.

Ahh, i see API SP is the same as GF6 essentially. I just wanted to see what was out there.

Also, i did notice that Shell's Rotella page doesn't seem to have been updated in a few years, their Canadian page has been, updating things like Gas Truck to GF6 etc, but the USA site's last press release was 2018.
Most of the Rotella Gas truck I've ever seen on the shelves has been there since it launched and is collecting dust, literally. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find any Rotella Gas Truck in SP/GF-6A if you went looking for it or ordered a bunch of it, most of us have been speculating shell will just discontinue it all together as it's been a commercial flop, and many retailers have clearanced it off, for example Pep boys is giving it away after rebate right now.

Yeah, i'm not sure if it really was/is a commercial flop, though i've seen a few places selling it off as well as a couple of people here saying as much, but seen nothing else otherwise.

Like i said, Canada is updated and apparently newly branded with the standards, but the US doesn't have any updates, news or otherwise.

So is the new certification going to give your car a 100,000 more miles of engine life? Time to be realistic and move on.
How many UOA have you seen on the New spec? Me none. You are buying the hype!
Good thing there was no price change for the "Hype" of an improved oil spec, eh?

(a spec that new vehicles are requiring in the owner manuals)

Good thing there was no price change for the "Hype" of an improved oil spec, eh?
If you're looking at synthetics I doubt much if anything thing changed between SN+ and SP, I'd say the greatest benefit of an SP oil over and SN+ oil would be seen for the basic conventional where the most improvements had to be made, and 5w20, 5w30, and some manufacturers 10w-40 seems to have went to being "synthetic blend" where it was previously just "conventional"

The improvement to SP is a nice one, but it specifically benefits timing chain stuff as well as further improves the LSPI part for all the new turbo motors out there.

Ford specifically has issues with timing chain wear and subsequent stretch, has had this problem for the past ten years, that the standard uses a Ford motor for the testing and proving of the spec is somewhat telling.

Anyway, it doesn't cost more, it seems a few brands were nearly, if not actually up to the spec in the year leading up to the official start of May(?) 2020 is a good thing. Anyone with a Ford engine from the last ten years should be interested in this just as a dotting the I and crossing the T kind of thing when selecting their oil.

Back