Availability of 5 on 4.5 (114.x mm) wheels for "tyres"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, any Aussies, Canadians, or Brits (or anyone else for that matter) know where a oppressed American, who is enslaved to what's available from the general market place, can get a set of steel wheels that are a 5 on 4.5 (114.x mm) 16"x 5" or 6"?

That is the first part. The wheels. Then I somehow need to figure a way to import Rangemasters

Any help????

[ April 01, 2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

Did you try someone like US Wheel? www.uswheel.com. You can buy anything they list on their site from Summit racing. I noticed a lot of the land Rover guys fit Dunlop Rover R/T's to their rigs when the stock tires wear out. I have a set of the Dunlops and I'm very happy with them...

[ April 01, 2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: jsharp ]

cool.gif
Ford Rangers and Explorers are 5 x 4.5". (I'm the Tires & Wheels Forum moderator on a Ranger board.
wink.gif
) If you want aftermarket, I bought steel black spoke American Racing 767's for my van for about $37 each brand new, plus caps and lugs.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyO:
cool.gif
Ford Rangers and Explorers are 5 x 4.5". (I'm the Tires & Wheels Forum moderator on a Ranger board.
wink.gif
) If you want aftermarket, I bought steel black spoke American Racing 767's for my van for about $37 each brand new, plus caps and lugs.

AR 767's seem to be the same wheel as a US Wheel model 84. That's what I run on my 4Runner in the winter...

The problem isn't the 5 on 4.5 bolt spacing. The problem (edit glitch) is getting it in 16" (still no problem plenty around) and in a NARROW WIDTH required for the very tall and, most importantly, skinny Rangemasters. They call for a MAX 6" wide rim. So far the narrowest I can find is 7" which is actually a 8" measured.

US wheel has nothing "listed" that comes anywhere close to it. That's why I'm seeking the advice of the friendly souls in other lands. Avon (Cooper to you and me) doesn't even import these "tyres" into the US.

I like tall and skinny. I run a 4 banger and just don't need all that width. Of I'm going to spend the energy on mass ..I want it mostly in diameter.

quote:

just curious, what offset are these for? FWD, RWD, 4WD?

This is for my Wrangler TJ (02). I'm unsure of the offset ..but the back spacing of the 8" wheels is 5.5" (approx.). I imagine that would allow the determination of the offset ..but the offset appears to be express in terms that don't make sense to me (or haven't been explained).

{side note} I look at offset as "bias" of the mounting surface off of center wheel (width)
quote:

Sorry about that. I missed the *required* width...

Two out of three ain't bad
grin.gif

02 Jeep Wrangler. It has the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern.

The narrow width is the problem. I was hoping that some Brit/Aussie/Canadian would know of a narrow 16" rim with the same bolt pattern.

Basically I need Land Rover rims in a 5 on 4.5 (114.3 mm) bolt pattern. Someone must have them somewhere....

i have some landrover wheels if you want. i think i have 5 of them.
why do you want such skinny little tires? i upgraded a rover from those skinny kind to some fat mud boggers.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
They call for a MAX 6" wide rim. So far the narrowest I can find is 7" which is actually a 8" measured

cool.gif
A 7" is measured from inner bead to inner bead. Given the thickness of the rim, it would be about 8" on the outside but that doesn't count.
grin.gif
I missed the 16" too, sorry, but yes the narrowest 16's I've seen are 7" wide.

quote:

The 2nd nicest thing is you have a complete set of belts and hoses available for emergency replacement if anything fails in the future.

Great ..but aren't 'Rover wheels a 6 lug pattern?
dunno.gif
I dunno
dunno.gif

quote:

why do you want such skinny little tires?

because...
quote:

I like tall and skinny. I run a 4 banger and just don't need all that width. If I'm going to spend the energy on mass ..I want it mostly in diameter.

I don't do bottomless mud or anything requireing floatation or low ground pressure. I've also got to see what we're missing here state-side that the Brits and the Aussies use to do exactly the same stuff that we do (vision of Jack Nicholson as the Jocker in "Batman the Movie" "Where does he get all those wonderful toys?")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back