Autozone STP FS Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autozone recently started carrying STP Full Synthetic motor oil, at least in my area. I haven't found anything about it online. No reviews, analyses, or anything showing performance and engine wear.

Have any of you guys tried it? I thought I'd give it a try. Currently have 800 miles on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds right to me. Its okay,but nothing worth writing home about. Spend a few bucks and buying Quaker State synthetic,Pennzoil synthetic or M1.

WPP supplied the Autozone-branded oil in the orange containers, but I am looking at an STP 5W30 FS on my shelf and there is nothing anywhere on the bottle that suggests it is made by WPP. The shape of the jug, the date stamp, etc.....nothing. It is Dexos approved if that's worth anything to the OP......

I also have a ST 5W30 FS and the bottom has the WPP logo on the bottom of the jug.

When it was Auto Zone branded oil, it was made by Amalie.
I have not been able to figure out who makes the STP oil.

For the price, you can find know brand oils for less on sale/rebates.
While I hate that it gets brought up all the time, NAPA has their Syn (made by Ashland) on sale for $3/qt till the end of the year.
Much better price than the $5.50 for STP, and several VOA/UOA show it is a good oil similar to Valvoline Synpower.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
When it was Auto Zone branded oil, it was made by Amalie.
I have not been able to figure out who makes the STP oil.

For the price, you can find know brand oils for less on sale/rebates.
While I hate that it gets brought up all the time, NAPA has their Syn (made by Ashland) on sale for $3/qt till the end of the year.
Much better price than the $5.50 for STP, and several VOA/UOA show it is a good oil similar to Valvoline Synpower.

I'm not really looking to save money. I just wanted to give STP a try. I was running Valvoline FS before STP. After more research and reading through oil analyses, I'll be switching to Mobil 1 EP with the Fram XG filter line.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Do we know that for sure?

Yep unless it is cheaper for a blender to stop production and license a different blend for DEXOS and API.

STP appears to be a Amalie Oil Company product.

I had half a quart of STP FS in the freezer at -6F for a couple of hours, then did a flow test. It flowed really well. I rarely get temps below 0 here, so I'm satisfied with it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back