AutoZone Power Steering Fluid

Does anyone know who makes the AutoZone power steering fluid?

Their website shows it is PSF-III which one of my old cars specifies and it is a mineral oil. I think others that don't specify PSF-3 should also work but didn't want to risk it.

the guy at store typed in the car info and showed theirs is psf-3 but I already knew that ... I bought some and just curious who makes it.
I did lots of Google and found nothing.

You know like Costco engine oil made by Warren ... Who makes Costco Kirkland white Tuna? They are less stinky than others. Tuna is Tuna but maybe it has a better ad package. lol

Thanks

Next time you're there, get a picture of the bottom of the bottle, and maybe the back too

I bought it when I was at the store but haven't used it yet.
Not much info on the back except made in USA. Also a long number.

The bottom:
A0C B]OC
G1B
HDPE <-- under recycle sign.

Thank you!

Seems like some auto parts brands like O'Reilly, AutoZone and CarQuest are from AOC.
First time I've ever heard of them.

Amalie has actually been around a long time. They even supply Super Tech in some regions, such as Florida, where they are based.

The front says:
"Meets OEM Performance Requirements"

Kind of vague! What requirements or spec are we taking about? @kschachn would write them a ticket. lol

also on the back it says:
"Not recommended for Honda".

also I have seen some other fluids that say with "Stop Leak". I have no leak wondering if it's ok to take a medicine you don't need?

The front says:
"Meets OEM Performance Requirements"

Kind of vague! What requirements or spec are we taking about? @kschachn would write them a ticket. lol

also on the back it says:
"Not recommended for Honda".

also I have seen some other fluids that say with "Stop Leak". I have no leak wondering if it's ok to take a medicine you don't need?

most cars aren't picky about power steering fluid. The main exception is Honda. Autozone does sell one that can be used in Hondas

I use atf +4 in my psf-3 applications and it has performed flawlessly.

I have read that before in several places and have some leftover Valvoline Maxlife ATF that I used in the same car. 2005 Hyundai Tuscon (2.7L V6 MPFI).

was just afraid of risking it. Need to find out if my maxlife is atf or atf +4.

Back