Autozone delivers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I had already checked one but figured why not try the other close by. I scored...

The numbers as follow...

M023386B
M040236A
M023386B
M030426A

I very diverse selection I guess...also all 0w30.

The other store only had M05 not matter what I looked at. This had these and one 5w30(M04) and alot of other weights saying A04. What does that mean?

T...1223,

If you are interested in GC, FORGET the other weights except 0W-30; that is the ONLY German-made product (5W-40 is made in Belgium); if those are 0W-30 bottles what you have is GC from 2002, 2003 and 2004. M05 (2005) is The Green if it is M0501 and The Gold if M0502 and above. A04 is probably a 2004 batch of whatever weight you were looking at.

Pssst...pscholte, I told him that already in another thread....guess he didn't believe me. Hopefully he'll believe you lol.

Here's what I posted earlier today:

GC is 0w-30, and NONE of the Syntecs are made in Germany except the 0w-30, and even then some of the really old stock is made in US, so you have to watch what you get. The M0501 and earlier is the Green, M0502 and later is the Gold, but there's mixed reviews on the Gold. Some like it equally, some hate it....so the jury is still out on it. Go ahead and try the Gold and see if you like it, however most of us have a somewhat decent stash of the Green, so it'll be awhile before we'll try it.

O no I believe you I just gave it one more try...

Would have bought 5w30 had they had 3 more bottles.

I may go on the hunt....

LOL...oh ok. I just noticed that you wanted the other thread locked. And once again...if GC is what you are looking for, then 0w-30 is the ONLY grade of GC. Any other Xw-30 Syntec is just the regular GRP III US made stuff. Not that it's necessarily 'bad', just overpriced IMO. GC is well worth the cost...

By try I meant another AZ, Ya I got what needed from it so why keep it alive, thanks by the way.

I wonder why they mark the 5w40 as being acceptable in TDI's right on the bottle. If it is overpriced for what it is. I would do my own oil changes but I have some free coupons still from the dealer.

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:
Pssst...pscholte, I told him that already in another thread....guess he didn't believe me. Hopefully he'll believe you lol.

Here's what I posted earlier today:

GC is 0w-30, and NONE of the Syntecs are made in Germany except the 0w-30, and even then some of the really old stock is made in US, so you have to watch what you get. The M0501 and earlier is the Green, M0502 and later is the Gold, but there's mixed reviews on the Gold. Some like it equally, some hate it....so the jury is still out on it. Go ahead and try the Gold and see if you like it, however most of us have a somewhat decent stash of the Green, so it'll be awhile before we'll try it.

True, some early M01s and even some M02's are made up of a mixture of US and foreign products. Some M02s are German with the VW502.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back