Autozone Clearance

??? The castrol GTX 10W40 at that clearance price I snagged earlier this year

None of my local Autozone's have any of that 10W40 left on shelves ............or in backroom lol ;)

Dave

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
Is that Delo the SDE (conventional) or XLE (syn blend)?

If the XLE that is not a bad price at all and would probably pick some of for the bike.

If the Valvoline 10w-30 drops to $10, I may buy some of that as well.

Prices posted by the OP are good to go, unless you have a guarantee than in a few weeks they'll be halved.

Autozone does it every year, later in the fall and sometimes this occurs near Christmas, the price will be halved.

What is not guaranteed is whether it will still be there! In my experience, the common grades or really good deals (top tier synthetics) are all gone long before the price is halved. Euro / other unpopular grades are usually a safe bet waiting on.

I can almost guarantee (at least in my area) the Valvoline 10w-30, the only oil I'm interested in will be snatched up pretty quickly. I'll probably make a trip to a few AZ near me to check it out. I look forward to the AZ clearance every year. Thanks for the heads up!

Autozone does it every year, later in the fall and sometimes this occurs near Christmas, the price will be halved.

What is not guaranteed is whether it will still be there! In my experience, the common grades or really good deals (top tier synthetics) are all gone long before the price is halved. Euro / other unpopular grades are usually a safe bet waiting on.

I can almost guarantee (at least in my area) the Valvoline 10w-30, the only oil I'm interested in will be snatched up pretty quickly. I'll probably make a trip to a few AZ near me to check it out. I look forward to the AZ clearance every year. Thanks for the heads up!
I haven't seen any Euro oils for a few years. I'm down to my last batch of Castrol 0w40. Had a bunch of Castrol 0w30 at one point but at the time several years ago, I thought I had plenty of oil so didn't get more. You can never be too rich and never have too much oil?

Very rarely does any oil ever make it to the $1 mark. Most of the time around here, it all gets wiped out when it hits $2. At least they didn't start higher as they've done in other years, start at $4 and work themselves down to $2.

I haven't seen any Euro oils for a few years. I'm down to my last batch of Castrol 0w40. Had a bunch of Castrol 0w30 at one point but at the time several years ago, I thought I had plenty of oil so didn't get more. You can never be too rich and never have too much oil?

Very rarely does any oil ever make it to the $1 mark. Most of the time around here, it all gets wiped out when it hits $2. At least they didn't start higher as they've done in other years, start at $4 and work themselves down to $2.

Most AZ I've hit during clearance in the past, start synthetics at $4/qt (or $20/5qt) and non-synthetic or blends at $2/qt ($10/5qt.) That seems to be the case this time around also.

I remember that sale with all the Euro oils well. It was a few years ago. I got a ton of various types-- PP 0w40 SRT, PP 5w-40 Euro, PP 5w-30 LL Euro, Castrol Edge 0w-30, 5w-40. There was a lot of more normal grades as well. I did very well that year, haven't seen an AZ clearance like that since. The last couple years have been pretty blah in comparison.

Weirdly we had Pennzoil Euro 0/5W-30 last here for quite a while at $2 a qt. They actually put it on a table in the middle of the store to get rid of it...

Prices posted by the OP are good to go, unless you have a guarantee than in a few weeks they'll be halved.
Good point. Depending on where you live many times in a few weeks they're sold out, or the closeout oil remaining is the real oddball junk no one wanted.

I stopped by today

$15 QS conv 10w30 & 5w30 5quart
$20 PYB 5w20 & 5w30 5quart
$20 VWB 10w30 5quart

Some tools, sandpaper, Idemtesu ATF, and other nicknacks on clearance too.

I check the HDEO section and there where no red tags there... Darn I would like some 15w-40 cheap.

I stopped the AZ closest to me and as expected the deals were nothing to write home about.

QT / 5QT
$4 / $15 QS Conv 10w-30 & 5w-30
$6 / $20 PYB 5w-30 & 10w-30
$20 Valvoline Synthetic 10w-30 (mix of old style Synpower & Advanced)
Idemitsu Toyota ATFs @ $4

The Valvoline synthetic is the only thing I'm even remotely interested in, but I'll wait till someone reports that the price has been halved. Only 3 jugs left at that location.

Seems like conventional oils are all but disappearing. I only spotted a couple different brands on the shelf. I guess with modern engine requirements, most all oils will have to have some synthetic component to meet the newest specs, and thus will all be advertised as synthetic blend or better. How AZ can get anyone to buy oil at their regular prices is beyond me.

I also noticed some pentosyn brake fluid idk recall mabye it was DOT4 or 5.1 it had a red tag but didnt check price. It seems like brake fluid rarely goes on sale so it might be a good one..

I also noticed some pentosyn brake fluid idk recall mabye it was DOT4 or 5.1 it had a red tag but didnt check price. It seems like brake fluid rarely goes on sale so it might be a good one..
Pentosin is usually Super Dot 4. Higher specs than regular Dot 4. Might be worth checking out I guess, it's normally about $15 a quart before any discount codes.

ya
I stopped the AZ closest to me and as expected the deals were nothing to write home about.

QT / 5QT
$4 / $15 QS Conv 10w-30 & 5w-30
$6 / $20 PYB 5w-30 & 10w-30
$20 Valvoline Synthetic 10w-30 (mix of old style Synpower & Advanced)
Idemitsu Toyota ATFs @ $4

The Valvoline synthetic is the only thing I'm even remotely interested in, but I'll wait till someone reports that the price has been halved. Only 3 jugs left at that location.

Seems like conventional oils are all but disappearing. I only spotted a couple different brands on the shelf. I guess with modern engine requirements, most all oils will have to have some synthetic component to meet the newest specs, and thus will all be advertised as synthetic blend or better. How AZ can get anyone to buy oil at their regular prices is beyond me.

Ya I agree gonna sit this one our those are sad clearance prices for conventional brew

Waiting to see if that 12QT "bag in a box" M1 from Walmart gets down to $20-25 range. Thats dave's stock up que lol 😎 (y)

Dave