AutoRX -- verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cleaning up my oil supplies the other day and came across a bottle of AutoRX. I think I purchased it about 10 years ago based on advice/promotion on BITOG. Bought 2 bottles, used one in a car that I no longer have and forgot about the second bottle.

I don't think there was any benefit out of it except making my wallet skinnier.

So, what happened to the stories about AutoRX. Is it still around, or was it exposed as a scam, and the seller expelled from BITOG?

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

I still have a bottle left as well.

Simple. Follow instructions. It works, probably best on really badly sludged engines. Auto-RX has had a rocky time here on BITOG. The owner is was not good at PR but is, in fact, an excellent chemist.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
You CANNOT get an unbiased and objective answer to your post. Doing so will get you a ban, or at the very least, a vacation.
Please see the comment in the very top subject in the "OTC and Third Party Oil Additives" on this site.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3180380/Auto-Rx#Post3180380

Exactly!

"I removed my thread concerning Auto-Rx because of some of the comments made were taking it off topic. There has been enough said about Auto-Rx. I do not want bashing or flaming of any person or product. Flaming or bashing people or products will result in being given a vacation.

Helen"

So what does that suggest?
45.gif

It worked great in a Taurus SHO with the V6 Yamaha motor. Badly smoking and using a quart of oil every 500 miles. When I got done with two treatment it was down to a quart every 3000 miles. Took about 6k miles for that to happen.

That was the old formula. Apparently it has changed?

seemed to do that part very well. Buy Kreen and get real results fast

This product has for the most part worked for me.

In my Audi 100 2.8 12v, which I believe has suffered from maintenance neglect by a prior owner, cylinder compression went from an average of 100 psi before treatment to an average of 169 psi after treatment with a very noticeable increase in power output. No sludge was present on the top end before treatment; however, I removed the lower pan after treatment to replace a leaky gasket and found minor sludge there with evidence that it was cleaning up. However, this engine was consuming 1 qt. of oil per 600 miles; that did not change; it remains an oil burner. I imagine the cylinder/rings are simply badly worn.

On my A8 4.2 brief valve noise upon cold startup disappeared with treatment of ARX.

Would I have achieved the same end with some other product? Probalbly, however, ARX is the only one I have tried so I am unable to comment beyond that.

I was cleaning up my oil supplies the other day and came across a bottle of AutoRX. I think I purchased it about 10 years ago based on advice/promotion on BITOG. Bought 2 bottles, used one in a car that I no longer have and forgot about the second bottle.

So, what happened to the stories about AutoRX. Is it still around, or was it exposed as a scam, and the seller expelled from BITOG?

The product actually worked when using the explicit instructions.

It is a combination of esters to be used for the slow cleaning of a sludged engine and for seal conditioning.

No need to attempt to bring up controversial discussions, as that is past history.

Last edited:
From what little I've read about AutoRX, it would seem it was one of those products, as you indicate, where following the instructions correctly was essential, and the instructions were well thought out, rather than simply being marketing blurbs. It does show that at least some additive people do give some thought as to the chemistry of fully formulated motor oils.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The full bottles I had leftover that I couldn't give away went in the trash. I hope that answers your question.

I saw this some time too late! I'd have purchased those off your hands and gave it a whirl

Originally Posted By: ThankYouma
Originally Posted By: Trav
The full bottles I had leftover that I couldn't give away went in the trash. I hope that answers your question.

I saw this some time too late! I'd have purchased those off your hands and gave it a whirl

I might have some of the old formula laying around in the basement I'd sell. PM me if you're interested and I'll have a look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back