Automotive Schwag show and tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post some pics of your prized automotive related items!

This is one of my favorites, my mom got it at an auction years and years ago. This particular one is faded, the bottom of the circle is supposed to be red as well as some red in the sunburst around the battery. Still cool though. As a bonus, the temperature reading is still accurate, too. I imagine this dates back to the 50's or 60's.

IMG_1043.jpg

I also have a table zippo lighter (literally a huge zippo that sits on a table) that my grandpa got years ago for being a Pontiac mechanic for 25 years.

Some treasured old wheelcovers in my garage:

1966 Lincoln Continental and 1968 Mercury Park Lane (the Gulf and Buick signs are reproductions, not original
frown.gif
)

00229garage.jpg

1936 Ford Tudor Sedan

00228garage.jpg

Plus I have a bunch of car brochures that I started collecting when I was 10.

Two of the oldest:

1968 Ford Falcon brochure from Johnny Bolton Ford in Maitland, FL (now Don Reid Ford).

1968FalconBrochure.jpg

1968 Toyota Corolla brochure from the Winter Park Mall 1968 import auto show, Winter Park, FL.

1968CorollaBrochure.jpg

If I was at my parents house I'd have a ton of stuff to post. I've got a 1960s Jeep fan belt in the original cardboard sleeve, many Ford truck brochures, including a "marketing manual" for the 1983 Ranger in perfect condition and a binder packed with option packages and pictures for all 1984 Ford trucks, and various parts including a 1980s Ranger XLT fender badge still in the plastic packaging.

I do have some pictures and scans from brochures to post...
This one is from the 1984 Ford truck binder I mentioned above...
image-4.jpg

Basically the rest of the binder is 100s of pages like that, covering everything from Rangers to Econolines.

And these pics are of one of many Ranger brochures I have...
IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

^ OMGs, a buzzer when the key is in! And they brag about the combo "Brake" warning light that confuses people when their e-brake is off and their fluid is all gone.

My dad bought a 1980 Fairmont with a "Ford presents: Sounds of the 80s" demo cassette tape that he actually kept in the car for years!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
^ OMGs, a buzzer when the key is in! And they brag about the combo "Brake" warning light that confuses people when their e-brake is off and their fluid is all gone.

My dad bought a 1980 Fairmont with a "Ford presents: Sounds of the 80s" demo cassette tape that he actually kept in the car for years!

Ford had some very obnoxious door buzzers in the 1980s! I don't think I'll ever forget that sound.

I know this is somewhat old, but I finally updated pics of my garage schwag this weekend. As a youth, I used to collect old hupcaps, etc.

clock.jpg

ford.jpg

ford_hub.jpg

ford_sign.jpg

fusion_banner.jpg

gm.jpg

mercury.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back